04 dash lights

Amazingdove

Amazingdove

Can any one tell me why I have 2 lights out ?

noticed yesterday when I turned air conditioner on the 2 buttons for inside/outside air were not lit up?

Thank you😀

B39FA1C9-FE88-42AD-94BD-EC438A59C6B0.jpeg

The unit does not have bulbs and have to be rebuilt. You can buy a rebuilt cluster and mail in your existing one for a core charge. I think I paid around one ninety for a rebuilt with a three hundred dollar core charge refundable

Yes, it’s a common problem with the c5.  I think I got my unit from zip Corvettes.My mechanic replaced it in around an hour. It is Part number D 1016.

You could try a repair service also. Might be cheaper. I did a google search for C5 Corvette climate control repair and got a few hits. I don`t have dual climate control so I can`t verify any of the repairs, just wanted you to kow there`s other options also. Good luck with the fix.

There are repair services online, ship them to the vendor and they can usually turn it around in 72 hours or so. Just Google or search EBay for C5 climate control repair and that should get you to a vendor

That’s good if you take it out yourself wait for it to return and then put it back in yourself. Otherwise a mechanic can change out the unit if he has the rebuilt in his hand in one sitting. Just thinking she may not want to do this herself

• 11 months later...

I had the same issue and fixed it myself.  there are two types of lights in that controller.  there are about 14 lights that just provide elimination to the controller and there are LED's that light up to indicate which buttons you have pushed.  I am in the middle of a move right now but if you like to know the places where I got the bulbs let me know and I will try to find that for you.