I may have my Vette sold

scottcolbath

scottcolbath

My quest to move up to a C6 means selling my C5. A friend, and old neighbor from Wickenburg had expressed interest in it before. I took him out today for a drive. I think he's going to grab it.  And that signals the start of my move up to a C6. I'm going to have to save for a year or so, but it's wiser to sell the 99 now, then just keep running up the miles and watch the value drop.

Hopefully there is a nice, wide bodied Vette in my future.

S.C.

Good luck with the C5 sale and your quest for a C6. 

Remember you can still hang around ACE while you're Vetteless, just like Ted Y. . .  :P

scottcolbath
9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Good luck with the C5 sale and your quest for a C6. 

Remember you can still hang around ACE while you're Vetteless, just like Ted Y. . .  :P

Thanks. And I hope I can make it happen sooner, rather than later. At least I still have the motorcycles for some fun until I get a C6.

S.C.

• 1 month later...
scottcolbath

Well, the Vette is sanitized and being picked up Wednesday. I'm bummed about this. But it's something I have to do, to move to the next station in life.

I've come to believe that guys (I won't speculate on the ladies) buy Corvettes for a few reasons. One of those is because there is a very rudimentary need that is satisfied by being able to wash/wax/clean a Vette, and then enjoy the beauty. And I think that is rooted in the fact that we as humans really don't have much control over things in our lives. So one of the few things we can control is how beautiful our car looks. You put in the time and effort, and are rewarded with a shiny thing that makes you feel good.

Most of our jobs don't do that for us. You watch the news and see what an out of control mess the world really is. It makes the concept of washing, waxing and detailing your Vette a wonerful, satisfying thing.

I'll focus on the motorcycles for now.

IMG_0983-X2.jpg

IMG_6945-XL.jpg

S.C.

I think you have a point. I spent two hours washing and detailing mine this afternoon.  Very satisfying.  Sometimes I go out to the garage just to look at it.  :wub   LOL!

Congrats on selling your C5.  I wish you good fortune finding the right C6 when you are ready.  :thumbs  

scottcolbath
20 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

I think you have a point. I spent two hours washing and detailing mine this afternoon.  Very satisfying.  Sometimes I go out to the garage just to look at it.  :wub   LOL!

Congrats on selling your C5.  I wish you good fortune finding the right C6 when you are ready.  :thumbs  

Thanks. I'd love a sanitary, low miles GS. We'll see what happens.

S.C.

Congrats on your future move and really hope it works out for ya. I myself just love the C5 body better then the C6 so I'm a keepin' mine til I give it to the kids, if one of them wants it that is.

9 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Congrats on your future move and really hope it works out for ya. I myself just love the C5 body better then the C6 so I'm a keepin' mine til I give it to the kids, if one of them wants it that is.

If your kids don't want Grape, are you taking applications to adopt? :P

Haha, yeah that's a very good possibility. Adoption papers are much easier to fill out on cars then kids. Might be a few years yet though so no holding your breath just yet.

4 minutes ago, mrhusker said:

Haha, yeah that's a very good possibility. Adoption papers are much easier to fill out on cars then kids. Might be a few years yet though so no holding your breath just yet.

:toetap    :lol    :thumbs

scottcolbath

Well, it rolled away this afternoon.

Also, I'm soon going to post up some shit here I want to give away to any C5 owners who *need* something which they don't already have, and would use. And I'm posting here to avoid any possible freebie trolls on the For Sale forum that would be too lazy to actually read anything else on the forum.

Off the top of my head, I have the following:

Heavy duty car cover. It needs a good vacuuming on the inside, and that's it.

Heavy duty folding sun shade I bought off another member here. Never used it. I decided it was too big to leave in the car, so it just sat in the garage.

1998 service manuals.

OEM radio (came with the car as a spare).

Some brand of shifter I got in a bag, with the car and never put in. I was happy with the normal shifter.

Maybe a few other things too. It will cost you a nice glass of bourbon for any of these things. That's it. 😎

I just want them to go to good homes, where they will be appreciated. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

S.C.

scottcolbath

OK, for those who need any of these things........

First, a short throw shifter.

i-c2T8bNr-X3.jpg

Manuals. And that FI book is a great read. 

i-7FjGCZD-X3.jpg

Factory radio, which may have a light out.

i-gDB76Qd-XL.jpg

Dark smoked lens covers for the DDLs, or whatever they are called.

i-GWdPWLh-XL.jpg

I also have a C5 heavy duty badass car cover. No picture because I don't want to spread it out on the ground for a shot. But it's an outdoor, heavy SOB type of cover, and it's in excellent condition. All it needs is a vacuuming of the inside.

And while I'm at it, I have a Borg Warner Super T-10 out of an early 1970s Corvette. This thing was actually in my 1974 AMX and worked very well, but it was occasionally popping out of first gear under deceleration.  I tossed a few parts at it, and never got the car done, and never actually put the tranny completely back together. That was 35 years ago. At this point, I'd suggest fresh gaskets/seals, and toss it all back together. At this time, the reverse gear isn't in it, but I have it. I just tossed the case together to move from Massachusetts to Colorado many years ago. Since that time, it's been nothing but dead weight I've carried around with me.

i-pbRkdXM-XL.jpg

Anyway, let me know if any of you want any of this stuff.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Forgot that I also have a high quality, folding sun shade I bought from Ted Y and never used. No pic at the moment, since I just thought of this. But that's also out there, and up for grabs.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Car cover and lens covers are gone.

S.C.