NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned!

Eddie44

The Vette was overdue for an oil change and with the holidays, work and the youngest home from college I just didn't have time to change it. Yes, you guessed it, I took it to Jiffy Lube. I did take my own filter, Mobil 1 and actively participated in the change.

I about rolled on the floor laughing when the kid pointed to the power steering and asked if that was the oil fill? I said no, this is pointing to it. I also told them if they wouldn't let me down in the pit to watch them change the filter I was going to lay down in front and watch. They let me down in the pit against company policy. I told them specifically not to touch the diff or transmission that they were fine. I do have to brag that the oil was not down a bit. 57k on the engine and it runs like new and doesn't use a drop of oil. A true testimony to the LS1! :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA

I used to take mine to Mr Goodwrench because it was easy and inexpensive. I'd take my own oil and let them install a GM filter and it cost $19.95. The only thing I didn't like is they don't let it drain very long. I let it drain a long time when I do it myself. Also it's messy and a hassle disposing of the used oil. But I feel better when I do it myself. When I get to be really old like some of you I'll prolly start taking it to Goodwrench again. :lol:leaving

Steve

Hmmm, I don't ever remember taking any of my vehicles to anyone to change my oil.

Disposing of oil is easy. When you buy your new stuff, take your old stuff with you (usually Checker, but any of them will do) and dump it with them. They all have used oil tanks in the back. You're there anyway...no biggie.

Guess I'm just funny that way...I don't trust anyone with my vehicles unless I have to. :D

Hmmm, I don't ever remember taking any of my vehicles to anyone to change my oil.

Disposing of oil is easy. When you buy your new stuff, take your old stuff with you (usually Checker, but any of them will do) and dump it with them. They all have used oil tanks in the back. You're there anyway...no biggie.

Guess I'm just funny that way...I don't trust anyone with my vehicles unless I have to. :D

I normally do like you Sean. I take my used oil to AutoZone. They know me now and just point to the back room when I come in with the drain pan. I just haven't had the time and I made sure I watched everything they did and it was good I did or I could have had Mobil 1 in my power steering pump. I might as well have changed it myself but I felt like it saved me time.

then IM a sinner.

Those of you that know me, know I enjoy working on mine and other folks cars.

I don’t change my own oil. Its not worth the time vs. hassle.

Im happy to take my Costco bought Mobil 1 oil and K&N oil filter to Jiffy lube on a regular basis.

I have owned 6 cars go in 5 years and I have taken them all to the same jiffy lube. I know the crew by sight as they know me too.

I normally share a joke or 2 with the pit guy. See if he sees any unusual items underneath the car.

2 cts

No sins either way, the only sin is NOT changing the oil and filter at regular intervals!!! Just git er done anyway you can, by doing it your self or finding a trustworthy shop to do it for ya!!! I myself have done both.

Guest Sidewinder
I take mine to ADS... I change my oil every 3 weeks, due to the abuse of the turbos and racing...

You really should send an oil sample to Blackstone man. They can tell ya if you can extend your OCI.

I do it myself 2 to 3 times a day...drive my vette that is you perves...

Every 3k miles i get under Electra's belly to drain her oil. 71K miles and going strong. She too burns very little oil.

:agree

I guess I am one of those "ole guys" Steve. I take mine to Coulter Cad $14.95 with a coupon. Free coffee and donuts and golf tees & markers. :D

I guess I am one of those "ole guys" Steve. I take mine to Coulter Cad $14.95 with a coupon. Free coffee and donuts and golf tees & markers. :D

??????I can't even buy oil and filter for that price????? :bs

I'm assuming you don't use Mobil 1??? :huh

I'm assuming you don't use Mobil 1??? :huh

Hell, my K&N filter was $12.95. :D

Oh, I forgot to add... They wash the car ( I always decline for the Vette) top all the fluids and ck the air pressure in the tires. No, I don't use Mobil 1 in a 16 year old Vette that I bought last year. :D

When I took the company truck to the local lube and wash place the other day, they were changing the oil on a new black '07 Corvette. I wondered who in their right mind would abuse their Corvette in that way, but I guess I can't say much because it looks like a lot of guys here go to the lube places. :lol At least it sounds like most of you take your own oil!

I always do my own so I know it's done right, plus I check everything else while I'm under there. Maybe it's a new car/old car thing or an old guy/young guy thing (I'm 34 and own an '82 and a '92)! :D