NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

HB2357 emissions bill vote

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

Please call your representative to help out vintage car owners. I received this e-mail tonight from a member of the British Motor Enthusiasts:

Here's the latest news on the emissions bill.

Please act on this information.

Subject: Legislative Alert; Full AZ Senate To Vote Monday On HB2357 E-Test Exemption

AZ Legislative Alert

URGENT 4-3-05 Alert On HB2357

The Collectible Vehicle & Motorcycle Emissions-Test Exemption Bill  

HB2357's last stop in the Arizona State Senate will be for a Senate "3rd Read", which is a Full-Floor Vote by all 30 members.

As of Noon Saturday 4-2-05, the Arizona Senate still had not yet posted its agenda for Monday, but as of 4:00pm Sunday a Senate 3rd Read was now posted on the Legislative Calendar and it listed HB2357 on its agenda for Monday 4-4-05. It didn't list a time, but I think they will meet on the Senate Floor at 9am. 

We now need everyone to contact their home districts AZ State Senator ASAP to ask them to vote YES on HB2357 before 9am tomorrow Monday, April 4th 2005.

We are going to need 16 YES-votes to pass this bill out of the Arizona Senate. 

To refresh your memory, HB2357 will exempt "Collectable Vehicles" 15-years and older from e-testing in Area 'A' (Phoenix metro) and in Area 'B' (Tucson metro) and it will also exempt all-years of "Motorcycles" in Area 'B' (Tucson metro) only.

HB2357 was based on a 12-04 Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (AzDEQ) study that says (on page 21) that the exhaust emissions from CV's (in 'A' & 'B') and MC's (in 'B' only) are "insignificant" to the air quality of these metro areas.

Therefore, since these vehicles are not part of the air quality problem, they should be removed from the air quality solution (the e-testing program). It's as simple as that.

To find out which Legislative District you now live in (as the District numbers were just changed in the last couple of years due to several redistricting efforts), call the AZ Senate Info Desk Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm at 602-926-3559, or call toll-free: 800-352-8404 with your homes zip code and cross-streets.

To find out who your legislators are right now online, go to http://www.abateofaz.org/, CLICK on the "Legislative" link - then CLICK on "Find Your Local Legislators Here" - ENTER your 9-digit zipcode (*note that you must use your full 9-digit zipcode not the usual 6-digit zip), Then CLICK on your AZ State Senators name to get their phone number and MAKE THAT CALL !!!! 

You can even leave a voice message for them after-hours, be sure to leave your name and phone number (and also tell them if you live in their Legislative District) and just say you would like them to vote YES on HB2357 during Monday's 3rd Read. That's all there is to it. It's as easy as that, just 1 quick call.

You can also link to the AZ Senate's member contact info list by clicking here on the alphabetically sorted member list or by clicking here for the member list sorted by district number.

Also, if you can find the time, please contact all 30 Senate members to ask for their support. We must get 16 YES-votes to pass this bill out of the AZ Senate.

For more information visit the Arizona State Legislatures remodeled website at: http://www.azleg.state.AZ.us./ and just type in 2357 in the bill # search box to check HB2357's status.

Please forward this e-mail alert on to as many of Arizona's vehicle enthusiasts as you can AND be sure to spread the word about HB2357 to all of your off-line friends and vehicle club members too.

The time has come to exempt the vehicles whose emissions are insignificant to our air-quality problems.

Remember:

"It's United We Ride & Drive,

& Divided Were Regulated & Tested"

We are all needed to help keep everyone updated as the 100 day 2005 AZ Legislative session quickly nears its end in next few weeks.

If you have any questions about any of the vehicle-related bills being proposed this session feel free to call Bill Gilmore at Automotive Research Services, 602-230-7111 or e-mail to:  AzCarCrazy@AOL.com. 

P.S.

* For more Arizona vehicle news and issues that you can't find elsewhere check-out AzMotorNews.com.

Called mine before on it and I'll call again. :thumbs:

After all mine may be an antique before I get rid of it :smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol: (previous :smilelol: were from my wife).

Sorry! I meant "collectible". :lol:

3,503 lbs of trouble

AZ Legislative Alert

Updated 4-4-05 Alert On HB2357

The Collectible Vehicle & Motorcycle Emissions-Test Exemption Bill

HB2357 was posted on the Legislative Calendar for a "3rd Read" today Monday 4-4-05, but after 4 bills were heard, technical difficulties caused the other 8 bills to be postponed to tomorrow's 3rd Read which is a Full-Floor Vote by all 30 Senators and it is scheduled to convene at 11:30 am.

We now have until 11:30 am tomorrow Tuesday, April 5th for everyone to contact their home districts AZ State Senator to ask them to vote YES on HB2357.

3,503 lbs of trouble

HB2357 passed unanimously today in the Senate. Now back to the House...

This e-mail from John Horton was forwarded to me:

Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:51 PM

Subject: HB2357

I attended the third reading of HB2357 at the senate at 11:30 today.  It passed the senate 30-0  next step is an acclimation vote in the house for the changes and off to the govenor for signature.  Last step is off to EPA for their acceptance. 

I will keep you all informed on progress.  Thanks for your support phone calls, e-mails & letters we could have not done this without you. 

John Horton

1-888-287-4384

1-602-843-1399

1-602-843-2422 fax