It was a rough weekend for my car

scottcolbath

scottcolbath

First, I show up at NAF El Centro, just in time to get blasted by an F-18 traveling at more than 400 MPH, and going ballistic just as it passes me. Here's the impending damage from a friend's camera. My trunk was open because I was getting my gear, then when I saw what was coming, decided to just close it ASAP.

i-P8dkct8-XL.jpg

A couple shots of what was left on the car.

i-TtZtBwq-XL.jpg

i-gvH9wRz-XL.jpg

It was a disaster. I hit up a self serve wash after this and got it more or less cleaned up. And then there was Saturday.

Saturday it rained, as we know. I had to depart the base on a dirt road that was mostly nasty shit clay. The car was a mess. Nothing I could do about it. Had to drive down a shitty dirt road and get covered.

i-xhXNTqN-XL.jpg

I've washed it twice. I still have some work to do.

S.C.

One of the 10 Commandments of Corvette is: "Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road."   :lol

Seriously, that sucks. :ack  At least it's dirt and not tar or something worse.   And. . .you've just earned your first personal tagline.   :bolt:

Ugh man...Feel your pain..

I keep my cars clean more because I hate cleaning them lol if ya know what I mean.

Got your work cut out for you as i’m sure theres stuff in places you aint found yet.

But I do LOVE the 18’s though!

scottcolbath
6 hours ago, Chameleon said:

One of the 10 Commandments of Corvette is: "Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road."   :lol

Seriously, that sucks. :ack  At least it's dirt and not tar or something worse.   And. . .you've just earned your first personal tagline.   :bolt:

Ha! Nice. Typically, I'm out there in the truck. But the ex still has it, until she buys her own vehicle, which will be very soon.

And while I bought this car to drive the wheels off of it, I'd prefer less labor-intensive outings.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Here is one of the shots of the F-18 that gave me a haircut. So yeah, this guy was looooow. I am just out of frame, about to get blasted.

Shot is by Joe Copalman. A good friend, and excellent writer/photographer for a variety of military pubs.

Here is a link to Joe's work.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24526864@N03/

39883828505_d735a87071_b.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

Here is one of the shots of the F-18 that gave me a haircut. So yeah, this guy was looooow. I am just out of frame, about to get blasted.

Shot is by Joe Copalman. A good friend, and excellent writer/photographer for a variety of military pubs.

Here is a link to Joe's work.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24526864@N03/

39883828505_d735a87071_b.jpg

FREAKIN AWESOME!

I’d say it was all worth it to end up with a really cool picture.  And that’s definitely a cool picture. 

scottcolbath

KzfWcLN.gif

BTW, I'm covering my ears to keep the dust out. The noise was already past me.

S.C.

scottcolbath
On 3/23/2018 at 6:27 PM, Chameleon said:

:eek  You really got sandblasted! No wonder your poor Vette needed multiple washings.  I bet you did too! :smilelol

It's not over yet. I washed it again Wednesday. After the rinse, fine dust was suspended  in the rinse water. This shit is deep in every nook on the car. I just have to keep at it.

Also, the friggin' wheels, even after a good brush cleaning, still have shit on them. I'm just shocked at the amount of dirt this car picked up, and will not let go.

S.C.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, scottcolbath said:

It's not over yet. I washed it again Wednesday. After the rinse, fine dust was suspended  in the rinse water. This shit is deep in every nook on the car. I just have to keep at it.

Also, the friggin' wheels, even after a good brush cleaning, still have shit on them. I'm just shocked at the amount of dirt this car picked up, and will not let go.

S.C.

I don't know how that compares with driving at Bonneville and trying to wash salt out from everywhere, but I don't want to be the one who finds out. :ack

Roger 040.JPG

scottcolbath
22 hours ago, P51tj said:

I've been under that a few times. It's cool. No doubt.

Now, take that scenario, and about double the speed of the F-18 coming at you, even lower. Also, not just an F-18C that the Blues use, but an F-18 Super Hornet. Bigger, badder, faster and louder. It was just plain nucking futs.

S.C.

scottcolbath
22 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

I don't know how that compares with driving at Bonneville and trying to wash salt out from everywhere, but I don't want to be the one who finds out. :ack

Roger 040.JPG

I've got some buddies who do the salt. It's not just the car you're running that needs the bath after. It's the whole rig you used to get you and your machine up there. It's a ton of work when you get home.

S.C.

BTW, thanks for the undertittie. :smilelol

S.C.