aenigma

Finally building (and tearing down) the 77

Chameleon
16 hours ago, aenigma said:

Our build was put on hold 😡. 

For good reason though. We finally settled on a contractor to extend our garage and can’t have anything in the existing garage for obvious reasons while it’s being added on to.  Starting on the engine will leave it immobile for a couple of months. 

The price for the extension is awesome and less than everyone and because they’re extending it by 2 more bays (only adding 2 walls and a roof), it will end up combining my existing kids playroom (1 car garage conversion being put back to garage) and the existing 2 car garage.  It’s going to be 5 spaces which will leave us much room for car mods. 

So back to storage the vette goes and we will continue in June or July. 

The nicest part of all of this is that the existing playroom has an AC. Which means once our garage is done and the playroom becomes a bay in the garage, the entire garage is going to have AC.

😃

AWESOME!!  So happy to hear you finally found someone to do that project!  :thumbs

POST PICS!!!!

y2krtaf
19 hours ago, aenigma said:

Our build was put on hold 😡. 

For good reason though. We finally settled on a contractor to extend our garage and can’t have anything in the existing garage for obvious reasons while it’s being added on to.  Starting on the engine will leave it immobile for a couple of months. 

The price for the extension is awesome and less than everyone and because they’re extending it by 2 more bays (only adding 2 walls and a roof), it will end up combining my existing kids playroom (1 car garage conversion being put back to garage) and the existing 2 car garage.  It’s going to be 5 spaces which will leave us much room for car mods. 

So back to storage the vette goes and we will continue in June or July. 

The nicest part of all of this is that the existing playroom has an AC. Which means once our garage is done and the playroom becomes a bay in the garage, the entire garage is going to have AC.

😃

Congrats!

I need a bigger garage as well,but just not possible at our current abode.....

aenigma
1 hour ago, y2krtaf said:

Congrats!

I need a bigger garage as well,but just not possible at our current abode.....

Youd be surprised. We thought so too until we talked with the builder. They’re going to use part of our driveway as the 2 car extension. Because the current 2 car is sideways and the 1 car is straight forward, they only had to put up 2 walls and a roof that ties into both and voila, a 5 car. 

We are in a tract home development but the HOA as well as the city are fine with it. 

Im including a picture of my house so you can see it’s not hard to bridge the 2 with an additional 2 spaces. 

The window to the right is a playroom conversion, so we just knock out that wall. 

2CDEA163-885B-4021-A36F-CD6135A2C29E.png

• Like 1

HOXXOH

June/July to resume the build will make it pleasant work with the AC. Glad to see you found a builder who was creative enough to maximize the space. :thumbs