Pictures of your first Corvette

JohnU

Post a photo of your first Corvette.  Extra points for pictures with you in it!

Mine was a '70, a true 5 footer, until the paint started crazing on the door tops.  It was a textbook example why it's better to buy the best you can find vs one needing a little of this and that.  It was 8 years old but had previously been winter driven (Michigan) which facilitated a cutting torch to change the non working air shocks on the rear.  I did my first....... and last engine rebuild on this one.  Of course I loved it and the passage of time lessens the "warts" and embellishes the rest.  

I sold it, funded an IRA and bought a new Yamaha motorcycle.  A few years later I went into Vette withdrawal and took the cure and have been fine ever sense.

Corvette 1.JPG

1970.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

57_vette.thumb.jpg.b80ff3e789eed5d0d46380d47e5a54da.jpg

You look like your 12 years old in your Daddy's car. Could your reach the peddles?

SLAMMER😎

2002 C5 that I bought at LouGrubb on I-17 and Camelback.  I bought it in mid 2003 with 65 mi on the odometer.  GM had shipped it to Glendale Community College where it sat for over a year and was used as a training aid for their GM training done there. I owned it for 2+ yrs until I was t-boned and the entire drivers side was replaced. 

053891FB-A9CE-4C6B-B5CE-C45999732639.jpeg

• Like 1

After getting hit in the rear (luckily not too bad) did a lot of glass work in the rear, new paint & interior ... all thanks to the hit-tee .... and a couple of great friends with great talents.,,,  These pix just off the jacks ... not sitting a ride height ...

66.thumb.jpg.d378e819aa62b50abd01642ea6de8212.jpg66Rdstr.thumb.jpg.7a707cab83fe63b6e19b25feea110dba.jpg

4 hours ago, LastC3 said:

My 66 Rdstr from the late 70's-80's .... Loved this SB Hot Rod !!!

66Rdstr3.thumb.jpg.e82f2293bc40a0265c5cdfbe16e2403f.jpg

Triple tailights, front bumper delete & flares.... this is the perfect time machine and would put a NCRS judge in cardiac arrest.

The pic is from day I brought my first (and only, so far) one home, just over three years ago. I needed a car, and wasn't even considering a Corvette. I was looking at basic two door vehicles and had a budget of $25K. That doesn't get you much in the new car market. I spotted a 2002 C5 convertible on the Ford lot in north Scottsdale. I took it for a spin and liked it. We could not come close to a deal. They actually wanted to add on a $1,200 fee for "de-germing" the car. They would not budge on the $22K price (Started as $18,500 on the window, before all the bullshit they added on). So I walked. But I knew now that I wanted a Vette. About a month later, I found my FRC in Yuma. 

IMG_0249-X2.jpg

My first vette, a 2012 Centennial GS.  Sitting on the lot ready for her drive home to PHX from Vegas.

Newride002.JPG