NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tire pressure questions

BlackC6

I was wondering what tire pressure you guys are running on a base C6?

I haven't driven my car too much lately and I was pulling out of the garage this morning and I got the message that both front tires were low.

I'm guessing this is because the change in temps here lately. I checked the D.I.C. and it said there was 24lbs in each front and 28lbs in each rear, cold.

I stopped at Discount Tire and they said to inflate them to 31lbs front and rear cold.

He set the tire inflator to 31lbs and did them all. When I looked at the D.I.C. upon leaving, it said there was 32lbs in the front and 28lbs in the rear. 

Are my sensors incorrect?  The low pressure light has since turned off but I was wondering if anyone is running staggered pressures front and rear?

I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've done a little research but everyone has a different opinion.  I was just wondering what people who have real time experience in Arizona are running.

Thanks!

I have the same tires and I run 32lbs plus/minus on all 4 corners.  My pressures were down a little too last week so I had to air them up a tad.  I would think that after they aired up the tires and drove your car a bit, I would think the sensors would catch up to the actual pressure that the tires were inflated to.

3 minutes ago, Ted Y said:

Did you check the numbers again after driving 10 minutes or so? Did you check with the gauge again?

I stopped at Discount on my way to the office this morning and have not had time to check them with a gauge yet.  I won't be able to check them until I get home.  That's after an hour of driving on the 101 and 202.:driving:

I run 32# on all four.

Checking sensor readout against a quality tire guage reading is a good idea.  I have found that mine match.

My sensors do take a few minutes to update to current pressure when first driving after the car has been sitting for a while.

The door jamb tag indicates 30 psi for all tires. The OM states if you will be running high speed (175+) you should increase (up it if you're under 50) the pressure to 38 psi. Those are cold pressures, meaning that the car has not been operated for at least 3 hours. Even though the OM doesn't mention it, the car can't be exposed to direct sunlight during those 3 hours either.

My base car shows 423 pounds is the maximum additional weight the car is designed to support.

I also run 30 psi cold, the factory has spent countless hours and research what is the best for your car. 

The pressure goes up a few when you drive, so look again at hotter temps. Activate the D.I.C. after putting 30 psi, then drive. You should get 32-33 psi after warming them up.

Have not noticed much difference in running more or less. I always constantly monitor mine, if the center / or edges start to wear, adjust accordingly.