NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

"glass Repair"

MesaBulldog

Auto glass I assume? Can't really suggest a good one but I would say stay away from Safelite. They put a windshield in my Wife's Mercedes. The plastic cover for the rain sensors was screwed up. When they came out to install a second one they found an air leak on the driver's side. Needless to say I would stay away from them.

Anyone know a Good Glass Company? :bang

No, but I'll be watching this thread for a good referral....mine is showing its age and loop-101 mileage :eek , I think our insurance covers one a year or something, so WTF? Git-R-done! :bang

Now, surely....some of you have had glass replaced, so cough a name :toetap

...and don't call me Shirley. :jester

I would say stay away from Safelite.

I 2nd that. Also No parking lot or driveway repair. It needs to be done inside.

Auto glass I assume? Can't really suggest a good one but I would say stay away from Safelite. They put a windshield in my Wife's Mercedes. The plastic cover for the rain sensors was screwed up. When they came out to install a second one they found an air leak on the driver's side. Needless to say I would stay away from them.

Not a hijack, but you already had to replace the windshield in the Mercedes? How did that happen?

And I do agree on Safelite, although I've only had to have a chip repair by them, that is now starting to crack in spite of the repair. Crummy job IMHO.

M~

are you actually wanting your windshield in your car fixed - or replaced?

jackie had a couple bullseyes in her windshield, and we went to dannys car wash and they "fixed" them - by fixing them, they take a dremel and enlarge the hole in the center of the crack and fill it with epoxy - you can actually buy window fixing kits somewhere and do it yourself - as long as you don't dremel all the way through the windshield, you'll be fine, as the kit should come with the pressure thingys to help squeze the expoxy into all the cracks. now - FYI - the crack is still there on the one she had done - but they guarantee it won't ever split out with large cracks. i've seen some bullseyes just disappear but those are few and far between!

and BTW, insurance picked up the bill so it didn't cost anything - so if you just have a few bullseyes, ya might want to look into this!

I just dropped my car off at Classic Gold for them to replace the windshield. Give Joe a call at 480-9672521.

Chad ,I'll give Him a call.TKS DALE