Iroc Camaro project

94transamgt

Getting to the end of redoing my camaro. I bought this car when I was 18 to replace my 84 camaro I wrecked. Car was purchased for 700 dollars and my friends and I pieced it together with the drive train from my 84. Later we repainted it and finished it up a couple weeks before I left for basic training that was over 11 years ago. The car eventually blew the motor and than had wiring issues so it sat for about 10 years. In the last year I have painted the engine bay, rewired the car, repainted the car, done some suspension work, converted to mechanical fuel pump, built a custom gauge cluster, interior work, and a bunch of other little things.

camaro1.jpg

camaro2.jpg

camaro3.jpg

camaro4.jpg

camaro5.jpg

camaro6.jpg

camaro7.jpg

camaro8.jpg

camaro9.jpg

camaro10.jpg

camaro11.jpg

One of my dream cars from Highschool.  It looked great in the first photo, then I saw the before pics and I was blown away at the amazing restoration.  Nice work!

10 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

Looks awesome! I absolutely love nice third gens. 

Thanks Joe. I love blue, and It's hard to get a blue that looks good in low light and direct light. I love the blue on your C5.

The Iroc will probably get sold, I won't have room for it. To bad with being completely rewired with a universal hot rod wiring harness and custom gauges, this thing would be prefect for an LS swap.

3 hours ago, Drewstein said:

One of my dream cars from Highschool.  It looked great in the first photo, then I saw the before pics and I was blown away at the amazing restoration.  Nice work!

Thanks Drew. I had way to much fun with this my senior year of Highschool.

How is your turbo 4th gen treating you?

I blew up the LQ9 in it and Joe is building me a motor to handle my right foot all while I quote Fast & Furious movies to him haha.

But seriously the before picture looks like a worthless POS and you somehow turned it into a beauty!

Looks sweet !!!! I have a few 3rd gen OEM parts I'm going to sell, after sitting in their boxes for 20+ years taking up space in the garage.

I have a new rear wing, rear bumper pad, etc.

If you have any interest in these, send me a PM. I'd rather sell to a fellow ACEr than post it up on the boards :thumbs

On 2/14/2017 at 3:46 PM, Drewstein said:

I blew up the LQ9 in it and Joe is building me a motor to handle my right foot all while I quote Fast & Furious movies to him haha.

But seriously the before picture looks like a worthless POS and you somehow turned it into a beauty!

It's good that your giving the camaro hell, sucks it blew. Are putting anything crazy in it to replace the LQ9?

12 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

Looks sweet !!!! I have a few 3rd gen OEM parts I'm going to sell, after sitting in their boxes for 20+ years taking up space in the garage.

I have a new rear wing, rear bumper pad, etc.

If you have any interest in these, send me a PM. I'd rather sell to a fellow ACEr than post it up on the boards :thumbs

I would definitely be interested in a few parts, if you have any badges, driver side interior kick pnl, t-top headliner, passenger A pillar trim, and rear speaker covers.

All I have are exterior panels. Brand new OEM rear bumper pad, OEM new rear wing, ground effects (lower rocker panels and end caps).

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, 94transamgt said:

It's good that your giving the camaro hell, sucks it blew. Are putting anything crazy in it to replace the LQ9?

Just a stronger 6.0 to handle the hp that it can make.  I blew it at the 1/2 mile yanking the doors off a 1200hp GTR haha.  I did not want to lose and the rods couldn't hang with that much load I guess.  Best part is the build is one of my cheaper builds as it's just a short block, already have everything else from the prior build.