NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Classic Gold At Work

Guest 1FASTC4

Guest 1FASTC4

Alex and Joe over at Classic Gold are putting in a Pete K tranny and a dana 44 w/ 373's from Exotic Muscle for me. Here's some of their handiwork.

The dana 44

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

the old dana 36

IMG_1451.jpg

Tranny by Pete K

IMG_1450.jpg

Guest 1FASTC4
Schweet!

Just ouf of curiosity, what did that gain you?

Steve

The tranny is much stronger than the original one and has a trans-go shift kit, higher shift points, etc.

The rear end is much beefier than the original dana36. The dana 36's tend to blow up when you run big torque thru them.(I've been told by a few sources, this one I've never experienced myself). I could have waited to fix these things until after the original parts grenaded but I promised my wife I would complete the driveline and be done with it, as far as cash expenditures of any significance is concerned. I sold some stuff I had laying around( heads, intake, a coupe of carbs, etc.) to pay for this. There is no way I could justify this expense in the household budget so it was do it this way, and now, or it would never happen. Diapers and formula man, diapers and formula.*

* Not a complaint, I'm very blessed.....just on a very conservative budget. :D

I must have missed the heads for sale, but now that the 82 is gone, I really don't need any.

Mods look great, one less thing to worry about. :thumbs

Guest 1FASTC4
I must have missed the heads for sale, but now that the 82 is gone, I really don't need any.

Mods look great, one less thing to worry about. :thumbs

Thanks, DD. They were just the factory original heads.. I had a guy offer to buy them before I got them off the car last year. I finally got around to emailing him when the timing was right (last month).

Guest 1FASTC4
Joe and his team does excellent work. Congrats on the new addition of mods.

Chad

Chad, do you have a dyno? sorry, I haven't had the opportunity to vist your place.