NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I Don't Think I've Ever Heard of This One

Eddie44

About 2 weeks ago the rear hatch in the GS started mysteriously popping while driving down the road.  I played with the rear button, dash button and the fob.  I finally got it to stay closed.  What I didn't realize was it was staying closed because it wouldn't open with any of the buttons.  I checked the fuse and replaced the $18 relay.  Still nothing!

Yesterday i took it to our friends at Classic Gold.  After some exhaustive trouble shooting it seems the rear latch had gone bad.  Not a bad thing you say....well the part alone is $500 with labor on top.  The assembly is about 2 1/2 ft long. They had to remove the entire rear bumper to access it. 

I give Michael and Joe kudos on this one. Got ER done and my butt looks like new!  The latch works as though it never went south.  THANKS GUYS!  

My 88' Trans Am had the same type of latch mechanism and it went bad too.  With that being said, I've learned to be gentle when closing the hatch.

Bromley's Corvettes

We just replaced a latch on a 2011 Corvette. Guys wife slammed it to get luggage to fit lol. $785.00 mistake:)