NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Filling the A6

HOXXOH

To prepare (first time only), you need to pull the hatch carpet back and drill a hole in the floor right where the photos show the pin. I stabbed a 1/8" hole with a scribe to verify location and then opened it up to slightly over 1/2". I drilled a 3/8" hole and used a round file to get clearance to slip the hose through. I use a 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID hose about 4 feet long.

To use, just pull the carpet back enough to expose the hole and push the hose through about 6". Get under the car and slip the hose a couple inches into the transmission fill hole. Put a funnel in the top side and pour fluid in while standing up. No need for pumps and laying on your back. Lay a towel down if you feel you might get a drop on the carpet. I've done this 4 times and still haven't spilled anything. (so far)

001.JPG

004.JPG

A6 fill hose 004.JPG

Nice.

Tom,  Did you add a drain plug on your A6 pan so you don't have to remove it to get the oil out? 

16 hours ago, JohnU said:

Nice.

Tom,  Did you add a drain plug on your A6 pan so you don't have to remove it to get the oil out? 

I seriously thought about that, but since I always change the filter, the pan comes off anyway. I siphon out most of the oil from the fill hole before I pull the pan.