WHAT A YEAR 2016 WAS 4 ME

SLAMMER

How will you remember 2016?

2016 was a memorable year for me as it finally caused me to take my Health and put it #1

3rd heart attack saw to that with bypas looming in 2017

had an addition built and added a corvette cave. Found myself unattached for the first time in 23+ years. Traded in my beloved BIGDOG custom street bike for a new Harley Street glide. (took a flogging) however it's turned out to  be my BEST MOVE EVER! Thanks to friends who said Just Do It!!

it brings me as much joy as the Vette. My Vette got a new alternator and cooling system this year. Thanks PARKER!! Your The Man....

In 2016 I was lucky enough to take some time off and travel. Maui, Key  West, for scuba diving  Grand Canyon, Williams and San Diego on bike trips. I sold my Vette trailer as I've decided not track my Vette as seriously as I once had. Still kept my track stuff. (Never know what the future holds). 

So looking back on 2016 its been a mixed bag of events, I call my life...

SO SHARE WITH YOUR ACE FAMILY HOW 2016 TREATED YOU!

BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL FOR A SAFE AND HAPPY 2017

SLAMMER

Guest badbobs95

All-in-all 2016 was a pretty good year except loosing my little buddy Scooby in November. I still look down when walking in the kitchen from the garage so as to not step on him. It still hurts everyday. But 2016 was the first year in the last 7 years I didn't have any surgeries. I've finally faced the reality that my back will never get better. WTF, at my age it doesn't matter. I can still detail cars and drive BUZZ way faster than I should but oh well! I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year. 

P.S. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE  :bananaparty:

The best part of 2016 for Joyce and myself was the end of 7 years of bad luck. It really wasn't that bad when compared to so many others, but it was a change for us. 2017 is the opportunity to go forward again, knowing that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train heading toward us. :yesnod

We are also happily celebrating our 25th anniversary today. It's a time in our lives that we thought would never come, after experiencing previous disappointments.

Here's to everyone in 2017. :welcome2: Live long and prosper. 

Congratulations To you both Tom on your 25th wedding anniversary. As I get older I'm much more aware of the work you both need to put in on a daily basis to achieve a happy relationship. 

GOOD FOR YOU BOTH!!

SLAMMER

I'd just as soon forget 2016.  Kim had 2 rather minor medical situations followed by two pretty major surgeries.  She's a tough lady though. Worked right thru it all.  She's on the upswing now. 

My 88 yr old Mom who is a snowbird left her husband of 28 yrs in a nursing home in MN and came home to us putting her in  a senior living facility.  She too is doing great there.  

Enough of the bad, we had two beautiful grand babies (Wesley 8 mos and Annabelle 8 weeks). 

Looking forward to 2017!

Eddie, so glad to hear Kim is doing better. I'm sure the new grand children make you both very happy. 

Thanks for sharing,

SLAMMER

10 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

We are also happily celebrating our 25th anniversary today.

Congrats!  :bananaparty:

Sorry to hear of the health problems Timmy, and Kim. We hope '17 is a way better year. 

baDboB, I thought the surgeries were to fix your face ... :lol  hope your coping well and like an old RR buddy always said. "Getting old isn't for pussies". 

A year of being grandparents hasn't been bad at all. Sure it takes up a lot of time but I'm learning to deal with less naked time now. 

'17 means a little over 7 years left to work and that can't go fast enough. 

My one major downer is ACE shrinking after so many years of growth. Damn FB. 

Here's to hoping 2017 is a more healthier year for everyone on here. :burnout

Not much to complain about this year, but for so MANY 2016 has been very dreadful. For those folks I hope all the best to you in 2017. And to all you AceHoles, Happy 2017, all the best to yins!!!

2016 was overall a great year, Grand Baby # 5 Payton arrived, spent a week in Hawaii, sold my tractor, bought a boat, spent a week at Lake Powell celebrating our 25th Anniversary, bought a new travel trailer, got some quarter horse babies, bought two new Duramax Silverado's for my Wife and I, and our new 2016 Z06/Z07.  Can't complain about much, hoping 2017 is great, we are heading to Hawaii for 2 weeks in February, then a Big Family Cruise to Mexico for a week, and plan on spending every other weekend in Lake Havasu during the boating season.

Hi Dan

which island?

I can recommend the best shaved ice joint in Maui. 

SLAMMER

13 minutes ago, SLAMMER said:

Hi Dan

whick island?

I can recommend the best shaved ice joint in Maui. 

SLAMMER

We have a Timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations, we are spending a week on Oahu at the Hilton Waikiki Village Resort, then flying over to the Big Island to stay there for another week.  Have not been to Maui yet, but really enjoy these two islands over the last 4 years.

8 hours ago, ZZZ0006 said:

We have a Timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations, we are spending a week on Oahu at the Hilton Waikiki Village Resort, then flying over to the Big Island to stay there for another week.  Have not been to Maui yet, but really enjoy these two islands over the last 4 years.

Snapper Bar across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village is kind of a nice dive type bar. Nice happy hour and decent prices for Honolulu. 

15 hours ago, Dakotaz said:

Snapper Bar across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village is kind of a nice dive type bar. Nice happy hour and decent prices for Honolulu. 

I will have to check it out.

7 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

......snapper

HA HA!

JIM SAID SNAPPER!!!?

look at my snapper Jimimage.jpeg

SLAMMER THE

"SNAPPER KILLER"