NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Cars In Barns

Phill's Vette

Being in the plumbing and heating business for 40 years in the midwest I ran into lots of barn cars. Lots of farm people. :D

Ha! I halfway expected a pic of my Olds to be there....I'm told by passersby that it never ever moves (despite Andrew driving it daily during the winter)! :lol

It's a darn shame that so many cars rust away, waiting for that build up...and I'm just as guilty of it.... :leaving

M~

It's too bad about a lot of these cars. We saw some SuperBirds sitting in a lot rusting away in Benson awhile back. Guy wouldn't sell for less than 50k. He'd rather see a classic rot away than give someone a chance to fix it up. No wonder classic cars are getting so overpriced.

Andrew

Don't you wish you could haul them all to some place that you could restore them? I always see cars like this when I drive across the country. Makes me want to get a trailer and start hauling.

Well, you don't have to go out of the city to find this stuff. Here is a couple that we live by. The owner probably keeps telling himself or herself that some day I'll work on my collection.......

hiddentreasure1ha3.jpg

hiddentreasure2dk6.jpg

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch

Just sick to see that happen to those cars.

..and ya ..I've run into the 'gonna fix it up' guy ..had a red '67 440 GTX 4-gear, tops of the fenders were rusted completely thru from sittin in the rain for so long .. I wanted it for parts is all.. no way to repair all the rust damage on the top of the body ..-shakes head- .. I could not beleive the guy said he was keepin it for his son when he got old enough ..there was nothin left salvageable of the body, rims half into the dirt already and tires rotting off.

-Frank

I always feel like one of "those" guys with our perpetual fixer upper Mopar. But at least we keep it inside. I would hate to have a car just sit in the back yard rusting away.

Andrew