NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

AZ Emissions

Guest Brad

I noticed some of you have ZZ4 engines, fuel injection, bla,bla,bla. How do you get the car to pass the state emission testing? A 383 or big block would be great in my 75.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I noticed some of you have ZZ4 engines, fuel injection, bla,bla,bla. How do you get the car to pass the state emission testing? A 383 or big block would be great in my 75.

Guest DREAM C-5

john.jpg

"I know NOTHING!"

leaving.gif

3,503 lbs of trouble

Until then talk to Bryan (BSerry). He gets his '80 through w/ teh ZZ4.

At least he did until last year! :smilelol: :smilelol:

Until then talk to Bryan (BSeery). He gets his '80 through w/ the ZZ4.

At least he did until last year! :smilelol: :smilelol:

BSeery: I have the same tests as you. I have Hedman headers with dual cats which hang behind the trans cross member and make a ground clearance issue. I've been considering using MidAmerica's header type chambered exhaust along with dual cats for a permanent setup. I presume your fuel injection is the Holly comander type, which is something I've considered also. I hope the house bill for collector cars passes. But for the present, the 75's a pig.

My cats are mounted behind the crossmember as well, and I have enough clearance. The lowest point on my car is the header collectors and the front air dam.

Yes, I am running the Commander 950 throttle body system. I wanted to due multi-port injection but then I couldnt put an EGR on the intake and hide it all under the air cleaner like I am now.

• 3 weeks later...
3,503 lbs of trouble
Okay, seriously... hopefully you won't need to soon if this makes it through and is signed into law:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1035121

The way I read it the govenor signed the bill and part of it reads:

a) A motor vehicle manufactured in or before the 1980 model year shall take and pass the curb idle test condition, except that a diesel powered vehicle is subject to only a loaded test condition.

I also see the dreaded words in there that say they will "check to see if the car has been tampered with".

David

Guest 82XFire

Greeting to the board from a New member!

Alright who has the hookup at the DMV?

There has to be a way to verify collector car requirments via a Gov't (ha!)source.

I am about to hack off the 2into1into2 crap and go with a true dual no cats and yank ALL the emissions bologna. Swapping it all back on in two years is a long way off, but still not looked forward to.

The car passed great in March, they didn't even look for the cats or evap can, quick look under the hood and presto. :cheers:

VLTW!

primum non nocere -- Doctor ?

Well, the collector car requirement is pretty clear in that bill.

Z. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, "COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE" MEANS A VEHICLE THAT SATISFIES ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. BEARS A MODEL YEAR DATE OF ORIGINAL MANUFACTURE THAT IS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD OR OLDER.

2. IS OF UNIQUE OR RARE DESIGN, OF LIMITED PRODUCTION AND AN OBJECT OF

CURIOSITY.

3. IS MAINTAINED PRIMARILY FOR USE IN CAR CLUB ACTIVITIES,

EXHIBITIONS, PARADES OR OTHER FUNCTIONS OF PUBLIC INTEREST OR FOR A PRIVATE COLLECTION AND IS USED ONLY INFREQUENTLY FOR OTHER PURPOSES.

4. HAS A COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE OR CLASSIC AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE COVERAGE THAT RESTRICTS THE COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE MILEAGE AND REQUIRES THE OWNER TO HAVE ANOTHER VEHICLE FOR PERSONAL USE.

82Vette'ster

Since there's already a thread, I'll ask. I've looked through the emissions web site and it doesn't seem to indicate what exhaust mod's are allowable. I'm mostly interested in the visual inspections. If it doesn't actually pass the numbers it's my fault. It seems like dual exhaust with dual cats doesn't seem to bother them. How about 81 and newer? Do they hold any different visual standards between the newer and older groups when it comes down to mods?

I'm considering some exhaust mods and want to know how much freedom I can expect, since they don't really say. I was wondering about side outlets in front of the wheels or other side styled exhaust?

P.S OK I always thought I was a member, But I wasn't registered.

The visual inspection from 80 - 81 and later is all the same. 81 - 96 (I think) just has higher standards to meet from the tailpipe test and the rolling test may be different (varrying speeds).

For exhaust, I would think that as long as both pipes have a cat, you should be able to pass the visual inspection for the undercar. Mine was a single converted to duals and they haven't said a thing about it.

Guest 82XFire

Nope, haven't got the headers yet. I have a soft spot for aluminum coated units (previous exp with blackjack went well) and hope to find something along those lines. I'm going to work through this in stages. True Duals in the garage going on the car this weekend, along with monza muffs, and a fresh oxygen sensor. For the time being, I'm going to keep the factory shorties until I get some real-life been through the DMV with my historical plates feedback, then the air pump and the rest of the crap comes off. Then in go the headers. Let me know how your shopping experience turns out.

No Dr.

Prior Service Military. :flag:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, seriously... hopefully you won't need to soon if this makes it through and is signed into law:

3,503 lbs of trouble

i tried to find my rep. but don't know what district to use

should i be looking for legislative or congressional districts?

my legislative district is 22, my congressional district is 6 - WTF does that mean?

Guest Brad

Brian, I read yourquestion about steroids in Corvette forum. I saw the pictures which included the headers. My question is, what headers are you using. Looks like a lot more ground clearance than the set on my 75 Vette.