NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anderw; Tire And Rim Question

Bigfoot

Andrew (or anyone else that knows):

If I have the stock size tires: 245/45R17 and 275/40R18 on the stock 17x8.5 and 18x9.5 wheels. If I were to buy some some 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 wheels. Could I use my currnet tires (my tires are practically brand new and don't want to buy any right now)?

Great price if I'm not mistaken here.

It is a good price. I bought mine for $740 shipped and stayed with factory sizes. You could no doubt use your tires but they'd be balloon'd out I think. Unless you're intending to go with wider tires eventually I think I'd shop around. Check with Bob at House of Wheels (CF Vendor).

Talk to Mike at AZ Power & Sound about a C6 wheel that is chromed. I recall him mentioning a price of $150.00 a wheel. You probably would not have to pay shipping.

Guest Sidewinder
QUOTE(Eddie44 @ Aug 31 2006, 12:22 PM)

QUOTE(Bigfoot99 @ Aug 31 2006, 11:31 AM)

But, if I had some spare cash I might consider it, but hmmm, Z06 wheels on plain jane...hmmm.

And what's wrong with Z06 wheels on plain jane???

Oh nothing sire...I just would not want to misrepresent...that's all...

:leaving

I would have to say that the 245 will be a little to narrow for a 9.5 wheel. 255 or 265 would be better. The 275 on the 10.5 would be ok but still stretching out a bit, like Eddie said. The rears would be a PITA to air up. I personally would not attempt mounting the fronts. It can be done and I have done it, but I don't think you would be happy with the end results.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, kinda figured but was not real sure. :thumbs

Sheesh Mark, can't a guy have a change of heart? :toetap So many people so critical around here these days. :bs