Any Trap Shooters on here? Browning BT100 Value?

Quicksilver98

Quicksilver98

SOLD......I bought this Browning BT100 Years ago and did Trap Shooting for one summer about 10 years ago.  Maybe a couple hundred rounds put through it.  I haven't done much with it since then.  Looks Brand new without a scratch.   I was thinking about selling it but not sure what to price it at.  May take it over to a gun shop to get a value on it.  Anyone got any insight to what it maybe worth.  Have it posted at local trap/skeet range for 1000.00  but will offer to ace holes for 800.00   PM me if interested.  

Here is a link to owners manual and what it looks like.   It's a real nice gun to shoot.       

http://www.browning.com/content/dam/browning/support/owners-manuals/bt100manual.pdf

BT100PIC1.jpg

BT100Pic2.jpg

BT100Pic3.jpg

You will have to have it viewed by an expert.  I've seen the BT100 go from the low $1000's to the mid $2000's, depending on the condition, the choke, and other variables.

Nice gun, GLWS.

Quicksilver98

Seems like they only made this model for a few years....hard to find com parables on it.  The BT-99 Was made prior to it then they made the BT-100 then discontinued it and from what I read they picked up the BT-99 model again. So there are a lot more BT-99 to price compare on the used market then there are BT-100's.  Most of the BT-99's that I've seen on the used gun sites are going from 1000 to 1299 with the "gold" model going between 2-3k  not sure what that model is....probably has gold leaf inlay or something decorative on it.    

Its probably the over/under model that your thinking of and its a seriously sweet gun. Double barrel allows participation in more varied competition

Regardless that is a sweet shotgun you have and there is a market out there, you'll just need to find it. I have a buddy back home who used to shoot competitively, I'll ping him and see if he knows a good forum or publication to advertise

Quicksilver98
On 10/2/2016 at 6:47 AM, TheCMSH said:

Its probably the over/under model that your thinking of and its a seriously sweet gun. Double barrel allows participation in more varied competition

Regardless that is a sweet shotgun you have and there is a market out there, you'll just need to find it. I have a buddy back home who used to shoot competitively, I'll ping him and see if he knows a good forum or publication to advertise

Thanks Jim,

Let me know what you find out.   I took it to one gun shop and it was a joke. Twit behind the counter didn't know shit and gave me the old story "we don't sell many trap guns and there's not much of a market....but ill give you next to nothing for it."  No thanks dude and walked out.  So I made up a couple flyers and took them over to local trap/gun range and hung them on bulletin board.  We shall see what happens. Priced it at 1000  but will offer to Ace holes for 800 if anyone is interested.         

• 4 weeks later...