NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Clues on evaporator replacement cost- 98 coupe

CarOYear

Just as we are preparing to sell the Vette due to changing transportation needs, the evaporator appears to have sprung a small leak.  Does anyone have first hand experience with an appropriate shop or cost estimate.  I'm a good wrench, and well aware of what's involved - just not sure I want to do this one.  Any chance of selling it as is, or would that be a poor economic decision?  Thanks for any advise!  98 Torch Red over Grey Coupe, Auto with 45K miles.  Downtown Scottsdale.

Help! - AZ Motorhead, I'll get the car cover out and cover up as much red as possible.:lol I'm stuck on my evaporator housing removal.  The housing is at a point where the driver side is ready to come out, but the passenger side still seems to be held by a fastener - which I can't find.  It's crazy cramped back there.  I've removed two nuts-on-studs at what appears to be the accumulator mounting bracket.  Also the nut on a stud for the heater hose clamp on that side is removed.  I'm wondering if there's another hidden nut under that bracket??

I'm at a loss for a next step or steps.

Do the following absolutely have to be removed?

1. The AIR crossover hard line. (I can't get at the screw to left head connection)
  2. The line or lines connected to the dryer.
  3. The engine:o

IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG

There was a hidden nut behind that hose clamp.  I have the evaporated housing out now.

Does anyone do this job without removing the Air crossover tube?

Super double secret phone number 612 710 1471

Mark