NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Sudden change of plans

HarleyPat

Well I sure didn't expect this to ruin my day yesterday! Angiogram scheduled for this morning. Wish me luck!

image.jpeg

Oh no........you had another??  Heal well friend, check in when you can, we'll try to keep you entertained.  If any of the nurses are cute, post pictures!!

Guest badbobs95

Prayers my friend! You'll soon be back to normal, I know it. If anyone out there doesn't know who Pat is, he and Suzie are sitting next to me here.

I had one a number of years ago. Mine found no problem hope you have the same kind of luck.  Keep us updated. 

Thanks guys...chest pain yesterday and after two doses of Nitro I decided I better get checked. Admitted to West Valley yesterday morning through the ER. Good news no heart attack. I best it to the hospital! Had an angiogram this morning and there was a blockage in front of one of my previous stents . A new stent was put in. All I all I'll be back in the Vette in no time. By the way, it's at The dealer. Needed new breaks so I had him dump the old rotors and fit it with drilled and slotted...can't wait to try them out . :thankyou:

Been there, done that. Wasn't on my favorites list, but glad it all turned out good for me, just like it did for you. Keep on ticking. :yesnod

I've got good news and bad news, good news is we're getting drilled and slotted rotors!

Bad news, I almost had a heart attack!

Wow! Can't believe we're getting drilled and slotted rotors!!!?

Glad your doing ok!!! Get better my friend!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Oh no........you had another??  Heal well friend, check in when you can, we'll try to keep you entertained.  If any of the nurses are cute, post pictures!!

Yes!

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

So here's the update....no slotted rotors...wouldn't fit with stock calipers. :banghead

Next time I'll do a full set of brakes, rotors, calipers, lines and pads.

on the health side...Drs will be in this morning ...kidneys didn't react well to contrast dye...but I kind of knew that would happen. Still having minor chest pain but they say that's normal with where they put the stent and it will pass....hope so!

7 hours ago, HarleyPat said:

So here's the update....no slotted rotors...wouldn't fit with stock calipers. :banghead

Next time I'll do a full set of brakes, rotors, calipers, lines and pads.

on the health side...Drs will be in this morning ...kidneys didn't react well to contrast dye...but I kind of knew that would happen. Still having minor chest pain but they say that's normal with where they put the stent and it will pass....hope so!

Good to hear the positive health update. Assuming the Dr has no additional concerns, you'll be reading this post at home.

About the car and I hope this doesn't get your blood pressure up. Your dealer is either a dumbass, a liar, or trying to make money with less effort. The calipers for the JL9 brakes are the same as the J55 brakes, except for the size of the piston in the J55 rear caliper. (it's smaller by 1/8") Hundreds of Vettes are running around with rear calipers that don't exactly match the OEM rear rotor diameter and most of those with larger pistons matched to larger rotors. In addition to that little nearly insignificant detail, some GM dealers used to stock drilled/slotted JL9 size rotors as a performance upgrade. If you really wanted the OEM correct caliper for the J55 brakes, I'd be willing to swap mine for your JL9 rears and do the labor too.

The only thing that really needs to be changed to put larger or smaller rotors on cars that were OEM opposites, are the brackets that mount the calipers. 

Now if you just want drilled JL9 rotors, I have PMC drill templates to DIY using the same pattern as the OEM J55 rotors. 99 out of 100 Corvette people can't tell the difference without side by side comparisons. :lol

BTW, tell your doc you want to do the cardiac rehab regimen. It's a good deal and has some nice eye candy while you workout.

Tom,  You must have a photographic memory!  Your knowledge of Corvette details is off the charts.   :thumbs

All done...Dr is happy and so am I! Now time for some rest. May get to go home Tuesday ! Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. They mean a lot to this old guy!  :thankyou:

2 hours ago, HarleyPat said:

All done...Dr is happy and so am I! Now time for some rest. May get to go home Tuesday ! Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. They mean a lot to this old guy!  :thankyou:

I'm glad I didn't get on the forum earlier. When I just now read your previous post, I just held my breath for a second. Now this post sure was a relief. :thumbs

Glad to hear things are looking good with your ticker.  :thumbs

On the rotors, I don't remember the sizes now,  but I had slotted rotors with stock calipers on my previous C6.  

5 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Glad to hear things are looking good with your ticker.  :thumbs

On the rotors, I don't remember the sizes now,  but I had slotted rotors with stock calipers on my previous C6.  

My 2008 was a Z51 so I had them on that car. I still want to make some upgrades to this 2010 and want to start with the brakes. Oh well...it will get done. 

On on the health front, you may see me at the next event wearing a defibrillator vest...do not, I repeat, do not sneak up behind me and hit the switch...are you listening BadBob?

Hopefully my heart's efficiency will increase over the next few months and I won't need it any longer, but for now...

see you you all down the road! ?

19 minutes ago, HarleyPat said:

My 2008 was a Z51 so I had them on that car. I still want to make some upgrades to this 2010 and want to start with the brakes. Oh well...it will get done. 

On on the health front, you may see me at the next event wearing a defibrillator vest...do not, I repeat, do not sneak up behind me and hit the switch...are you listening BadBob?

Hopefully my heart's efficiency will increase over the next few months and I won't need it any longer, but for now...

see you you all down the road! ?

You could just go pee on an electric fence, probably same effect