NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 radiator flush

Cu4L8R

I need someone to do a Complete Radiator flush on my C6 Base model.. Its all stock. I put inn a new thermostat,both new radiator hoses. and my temp goes to 230. Someone mention that it might have an air bubble or built up. The previous mechanic said he flushed it not sure how good. (also spotted some antifreeze dried drops behind me radiator)Can someone help? Thx

Are you seeing 230 in stop-N-Go traffic? If so, that's pretty much the norm for this time of year.  I routinely see 220's during surface street driving and low 200's at speed. Someone once told me that you won't get into an overheat situation until temps climb beyond 236. If you haven't done it yet, I would try rinsing down your radiator and condenser and maybe that'll help some.

Make sure your fans are kicking on, turn on your a.c., they should kick on automatically. There is a known issue with the connector to the fans with the C6

If your fans are kicking on as the should, I'd first look at making sure the condenser and radiator find are clear and clean like Greg mentioned