NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Water pump r/r 2007 Corvette LS2 engine

PAULSC6

Has anyone done a water pump on a 2005–2007 Corvette with LS2 engine?  I saw the video on YouTube and it looks sort of easy but just wondering if it really is and what's the actual time to remove and replace the water pump. Also any tricks on how to remove and replace it or shortcuts? Tips?

That is a straight forward job. Tackle it you won't mess it up.  If you don't wrench often give yourself a few hours. To less the mess I use a wet/dry vac to remove coolant. Suck it out from the upper hose port on the pump. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I did it .it only took me about an hour and 15 minutes for complete R&R.  I also decided to replace upper and lower hose both heater hoses and also reservoir tank bypass hose.  I did buy the OEM GM water pump that came with the thermostat and housing installed already. Also while doing research I found out that the reservoir bypass hose fails around 40k miles. The plastic T becomes very brittle and breaks. I decided to replace the complete hose assembly. But if you want to save money you can just replace the T.

Thank you again for the help and encouragement. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 8/24/2016 at 10:11 PM, PAULSC6 said:

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I did it .it only took me about an hour and 15 minutes for complete R&R.  I also decided to replace upper and lower hose both heater hoses and also reservoir tank bypass hose.  I did buy the OEM GM water pump that came with the thermostat and housing installed already. Also while doing research I found out that the reservoir bypass hose fails around 40k miles. The plastic T becomes very brittle and breaks. I decided to replace the complete hose assembly. But if you want to save money you can just replace the T.

Thank you again for the help and encouragement. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Glad to see it done.:thumbs

I guess I should check my plastic "T", since it's nearly 100K miles overdue to break.

• Upvote 1

The only tricky part was bleeding all the air out since I replaced every single hose. It was a pain but I became an expert at it.   If it's not bled right your upper and lower hose will collapse and you will get no flow of water. I had this happen to me when I took it to the dealer a while back for a coolant flush