NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Got laid off, came back home and bought a truck - There's a hit country tune in that mix, I just know it!

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

A huge budget cut within BMW engineering, corporate politics and a department manager with an ego on a power trip all came together to eliminate my dept section and position, which ended my job in NJ, so I came back home to AZ and bought a Chevy pickup. Seemed like the right thing to do.

image.jpg

Sorry to see you got laid off Dan. Hope all is well with you. M~ says hi too.

A~

3,503 lbs of trouble
12 hours ago, Bromley's Corvettes said:

Well welcome back to AZ:) 

Thanks Doug. Looks like you got a bigger shop? Very cool!

3,503 lbs of trouble
9 hours ago, anmracing2 said:

Sorry to see you got laid off Dan. Hope all is well with you. M~ says hi too.

A~

Hi to you both!! Layoffs happen. It's part of the working world in this day and age. At least I don't have to shovel snow now!

3,503 lbs of trouble
5 hours ago, Ted Y said:

Welcome back, Dan! 

Thanks! Circumstances aside it's good to get back home.

Bromley's Corvettes
4 hours ago, 3,503 lbs of trouble said:

Thanks Doug. Looks like you got a bigger shop? Very cool!

Yes sir way bigger and way better part of town by 202 and Scottsdale,rd. Maybe you could help me with some biz while your looking or figuring out what you want to do for a job. My shop has grown so much over the last year and a half its been a wild ride:) 

Welcome home Dan!  

I went thru the layoff gig when Canadians bought M&I Bank and turned it into BMO Financial 5 yrs ago. Thanks to friends I didn't even get a day off.  Left on Fri and started new gig on Mon.  Keep your ear to the ground and talk to everyone about it.  

3,503 lbs of trouble

Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. Oddly transitioning home has kept me pretty busy, but it's been more costly than profitable... but it's good to be back. NJ/NYC is a whole different world!

3,503 lbs of trouble
On July 28, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Bromley's Corvettes said:

Yes sir way bigger and way better part of town by 202 and Scottsdale,rd. Maybe you could help me with some biz while your looking or figuring out what you want to do for a job. My shop has grown so much over the last year and a half its been a wild ride:) 

I'll drop by to check your new shop out. Good to see business grow in these times!

3,503 lbs of trouble
On July 28, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Eddie44 said:

Welcome home Dan!  

I went thru the layoff gig when Canadians bought M&I Bank and turned it into BMO Financial 5 yrs ago. Thanks to friends I didn't even get a day off.  Left on Fri and started new gig on Mon.  Keep your ear to the ground and talk to everyone about it.  

You still working in Tempe? If so we should still try to meet up for lunch sometime.

3,503 lbs of trouble
On July 28, 2016 at 10:32 AM, az57chevy said:

Going from NJ to AZ seems like a major upgrade.  Things will get better soon

Thanks! I won't miss road and bridge tolls nor this evil called "freezing rain" that can really create endless misery.

3,503 lbs of trouble
On August 2, 2016 at 8:13 PM, racingchester said:

Welcome back Dan.......Is that and 83 truck?

It is a 94 5.7 Z71. My daily driver/winter beater back east was a retired P71 Crown Vic that was not worth bring home, so I sold it to a stunt driving school. Needed a daily car here, and CL was full of junk in my budget range, but after a lot of searching this pickup appeared up near Prescott, and it was 95% of what I was searching for. 203K miles, but has been cared for and maintained. Previous owner dropped a ton in it over the past five years. I don't think it's even ever been used for off roading. It's pretty clean. Actually my first truck.

Yeah Yeah, cool truck, but what year Vette are you looking for ??? 

On August 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM, 3,503 lbs of trouble said:

You still working in Tempe? If so we should still try to meet up for lunch sometime.

If you're still in the same place, I work about a mile from ya.  Just south of Broadway on 48th St (Mutual of Omaha Bank). I'll PM you my cell #.  Love to do lunch sometime.