NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

oil change and warranty

insatiableOne

insatiableOne

Was trying the search, could not find if doing your own oil changes would void my warranty?

oh and at what milage is mandetory

Nope, but keep receipts.  I also take a photo of the products used and the odometer. Print it, staple and file.

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_5003.JPG

The car will actually tell you when to change the oil.  The car's computer determines the life of the oil based on data collected by the computer.  If for instance you keep up on a couple of ACE cruises :burnout, it will tell you to change the oil earlier then if you were to merely Sunday drive around town.  However, you can always do the mileage method, and change it every 5k or 7,500 or even 10k.  

1 hour ago, insatiableOne said:

i just usually do the milage deal, the DIC seems to always say i need one

If the "CHANGE OIL NOW" message is always on, then either you failed to change the oil, you failed to reset the OLM, or the computer has failed.

If you have a fear of a major engine problem, then follow the OLM DIC message or change the oil once a year, which ever comes first.

BTW, I've yet to hear of an oil related engine failure on a stock engine caused by the frequency of oil changes, assuming changes actually get done.

insatiableOne

No. Sorry,  I meant..it seems to come around too often. 

Not that it is always displayed on the DIC.