NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Why me ???

Desertdawg

Am I the only person that can plan warranty work for 3 weeks. (body side mouldings) on the truck, parts ordered 3 weeks ago, at the dealership 2 weeks ago, take a vacation day, drive 45 miles, get there an hour early, wait four hours, then get told they just aren't drying so that can't be installed without risking fingerprints in the paint today ....... :banghead

Soooo happy my warranty runs out on Tuesday.

Then I won't have to deal with this shit anymore. 

Yeah, I know, they claimed the humidity was to high..

i said, lay it out in the sun for a little bit, it'll dry, but don't leave it to long or it will start to dry rot already. 

I think they either didn't paint it until I got there. Or they painted them the wrong color and didn't realize the screw up until they pulled the truck out back....

Sad story the dealer can up with... I think we all have some paint layin around we can help ya with if needed.

chevyguy1969

humidity was an average of 19%. A couple of questions to ask  them was the paint water based and how do they paint cars in down in the south east where humidity averages mid 90%.

better to get it right and wait though

Why not have them give you a rental until your next day off

The problem is the dealership you're using. For warranty work, I prefer Arrowhead caddy as they have not done me or Julie wrong.

I go to Yates, distance is my main reason but they also took care of me for years with my company trucks. Many times pushing the mechs to get my problems fixed so I could drive it home the same day. 

This is was supposed to be a 4 or 5 hour job so a loaner wasn't an option. Plus add in the travel back again after work because they really don't want you to keep the loaner for a week when the repair is done :lol 

They are are bringing in a body shop tech this Saturday to get the job done on my schedule this time. 

BTW, my factory warranty ran out yesterday, so this won't be an issue anymore :hat