NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

TRIP

Guest racingchester

Guest racingchester

Just completed a 6 week 10,300 mile trip in the VETTE.   no mechanical issues at all.  Averaged 29.86 mpg on gas.  Average gas price was 2.25.  Started out with 86,000 miles on the car so now 96,000.   Bought it to drive!!!!!

Nice job Chuck. :thumbs

Pretty impressive, I get pretty cramped just on the drive to San Diego, 10K is a lotta drive

That's a nice trip. We did 6,000 Miles in 2013 when we bought it. Except for the loud tires it was a great trip..  I'm 6'1" and I don't remember cramped...  I do remember no space to carry anything..

Nice trip. :driving: So where did you go and what did you do while having all that fun?

9 hours ago, JLs Mistress said:

What Tom said Chuck where did you go ???

I guess he's still sleeping it off!  Sounds great Chuck.  I'm surprised an old man like you could drive 10,000 miles. ha, ha.  Post pics or you just jacked up the car and let the wheels spin!

Guest racingchester

Left home May 27th.  Went to Ft Worth for a graduation.  From there to Houston, New Orleans, across Fla. panhandle. Down west coat of fla. to Ft Myers and Sanibel Island.  Off to everglades and on to Key west.  Up east coast of Fla. to Savanna, Ga and Charleston (missed Big Pappa), On to outer banks to Wright Bros museum, Philly, DC for 5 days, Boston 2 days and up to Bar Harbor, Maine.  Left there and went to niagra (sp.) falls. On to mackina island. from there went up around the top of lake Superior and down to Minneapolis where we stayed for a few days.  Stopped in Grand Island and North Platte, Nebraska to visit relatives.  Got home last Monday night and now we are loading trailer to go to Silverton for 2 weeks...Got to get away from the heat..........  

JLs Mistress

That's more miles than Howard's and Tom's trip combined.. YOU SHOULD GET THE ACE AWARD :thumbs

On 7/15/2016 at 10:26 AM, racingchester said:

Left home May 27th.  Went to Ft Worth for a graduation.  From there to Houston, New Orleans, across Fla. panhandle. Down west coat of fla. to Ft Myers and Sanibel Island.  Off to everglades and on to Key west.  Up east coast of Fla. to Savanna, Ga and Charleston (missed Big Pappa), On to outer banks to Wright Bros museum, Philly, DC for 5 days, Boston 2 days and up to Bar Harbor, Maine.  Left there and went to niagra (sp.) falls. On to mackina island. from there went up around the top of lake Superior and down to Minneapolis where we stayed for a few days.  Stopped in Grand Island and North Platte, Nebraska to visit relatives.  Got home last Monday night and now we are loading trailer to go to Silverton for 2 weeks...Got to get away from the heat..........  

Ah, you did have a good one. :thumbs 

I need the name/address of the Grand Island relative, since by the time I get there on my way home, I won't be able to afford a hotel.  :lol