NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Back in the Furnace

Extender32

Extender32

As some of you may know, Julie and me embarked on a 3 1/2 week, 7400 mi, 118 hrs of driving and 16 states later, we arrived safely home early this afternoon. Our trip included seeing my son graduate from NAU with a degree in mechanical engineering, a tour of the corvette assembly plant and the NCM, We also met Howard, AKA Grumpy C7 and his wife at the NCM and shared an evening with them. We also visited the USAF Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH, The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and finally the Little Bighorn  Battlefield in Montana before we made our way home. Oh yeah, I carted 2 cases of Timmeh's (P51TJ) favorite Pennsylvania brew too. Enjoy the pics! The first pic is of Zora's personal Vette, the guitar and suit, belonged to Johnny Cash and the F4 was flown by Robin Olds.

DSCN0959.JPG

DSCN0969.JPG

DSCN1036.JPG

DSCN1019.JPG

DSCN1066.JPG

DSCN1103.JPG

DSCN1117.JPG

DSCN1123.JPG

DSCN0968.JPG

DSCN0970.JPG

Great trip, can't wait to hear more detail. Wish you were coming Saturday. 

Nice! 

Wait... Did you bring back cases of Yuengling? I missed the ordering window!?

Extender32
15 minutes ago, theChad said:

Nice! 

Wait... Did you bring back cases of Yuengling? I missed the ordering window!?

Yep, a case of traditional, a six of summer wheat, porter, black and tan and Chesterfield ale.

Thanks for the Custer grave photos, you saved me $20.00 next month when I pass there.  

Extender32
2 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Thanks for the Custer grave photos, you saved me $20.00 next month when I pass there.  

See what happens when you buy me lunch? lol

Nice pics Greg. Looks like yins had a great journey! C-ya REAL soon!!!

wickedfastvette

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Greg and Julie! Great pics.

Thanks for the pics. I hope to hear the associated story soon. Congrats to your son too. :thumbs

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:47 PM, Extender32 said:

Yep, a case of traditional, a six of summer wheat, porter, black and tan and Chesterfield ale.

Thank you and Jules dearly!!! 3x Black and Tan gone, helped sooth last lights downer!

Old's F4 pic, now that baby was loaded for anything!!! Thanks for the Phantom pic!

25 minutes ago, P51tj said:

Thank you and Jules dearly!!! 3x Black and Tan gone, helped sooth last lights downer!

Old's F4 pic, now that baby was loaded for anything!!! Thanks for the Phantom pic!

Any time Timmeh.

Welcome home!  Looks like you had a great time. :thumbs  Very sorry you can't make the cruise on Saturday.  :(

Yeah, me too but we have way too much going on tomorrow. The jeep is in need of a full detail, they are starting to repaint the house tomorrow and a family dinner with my son before he heads back to flag on Sunday. I should be good to go for the breakfast cruise next week.