NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

BBCA Top Gear

Grape Ape

Season premiere tomorrow evening. Dodge Viper ACR vs C7 Corvette Z06 in Nevada. I gots me DVR set for it.

Desertdawg

Yep, same here. 

I don't think it will be as good though ...

Okay guys, don't laugh but I am TV challenged as I rarely watch it and have no idea which channels are which. However, I would like to see this. What channel would I find this on?

Can this been seen with rabbit ears if I span the antennae with aluminum foil?

I think it was pretty good. LeBlanc has some comedic talent that doesn't come off as douchey like US's Foust does. 

Viper vs Vette was more fun than it was serious, but either way... Go 'Merica!!

I remember why I don't watch British programs.... THEY SUCK!

though this is the American

version. Stupid three wheeled cars.  Over priced sand rails!

Actors should stick to Acting!

I could not get through this

obscurely silly show. I'm going to put my car up on a ramp (lift) while I work under the Bonnet (hood)

while fiddling with my spaners (wrenches) Dumb show!!!

SLAMMER

Ehhhh, not to impressed. Probably won't be watching again.

I didn't think it was too terrible.  Would have much rather had serious reviews of the Z06 and ACR, but it was OK, Sabine calling the Z06 suspension shit, like a Ferrari was an interesting take.  I can see why they ultimately put Sabine in the Z06 and Evans in the ACR, at least that kept the matchup pretty even.

The new rallycross version of the celebrity track was interesting.  Hopefully the presenters gel with time, I would really like to enjoy watching at least until, and possibly in tandem with, the new show show with Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a couple of shows in and ....  Bleh!

worst test of a viper/vette ever, they couldn't have done a worse job of showing anything about either car and the fake chase was so scripted it wasn't even entertaining. 

thier humor is off, I don't get it. 

Azmotorhead

Started watching it. Couldn't stand the twerp they put in the ACR in the first segment.

Then I had to turn it off when they strapped all the fake crap on the Z06 and Viper for their "matchup"

Shows producers showed exactly what audience they are targeting, thumbsucking,mouthbreathing, uneducated dolts.

Last time i'll turn it on.

May have to subscribe to Amazon prime to see if the original crew Clarkson,May & Hammond are still good. There was a reason they were on TV for so long

You have to wonder with the new off-road part of the track, will they be cleaning the main track for fast times? Lotsa mud being tracked onto the pavement. 

It didn't hold my Intreast. 

• 3 weeks later...

I find the new BBC version entertaining. LeBlanc is actually pretty funny. The ginger, not so much. The queen of the ring is good too.

I think they kept to much from the old show instead of making it their own.

I agree. I think they were damned if the did and damned if they didn't. An entirely new cast has to be given a season to mesh. 

coconut girl
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:00 PM, theChad said:

I think it was pretty good. LeBlanc has some comedic talent that doesn't come off as douchey like US's Foust does. 

Viper vs Vette was more fun than it was serious, but either way... Go 'Merica!!

Now now  theChad...don't dis my man Tanner Foust.

I am in love with Tanner!!!!!

Would love a trip or two around the drift track with Tanner.

:burnout:scareddriver:

1 hour ago, coconut girl said:

Now now  theChad...don't dis my man Tanner Foust.

I am in love with Tanner!!!!!

Would love a trip or two around the drift track with Tanner.

:burnout:scareddriver:

LOL, it's OK. I won't hold it against you. Different strokes for different folks. :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

And now this... http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/07/chris-evans-quits-top-gear-following-lowest-ratings-ever/

But Chris Evans seems to be a huge twat anyway based on the accusations of bullying and generally not playing well with others.  He himself has been quoted as being a "square peg in a round hole." But I'll add it seems he's a red head in a generally brown haired world. :rimshot: :bolt: