NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Boston Sites?

Eddie44

Kim and I are planning a Boston vacation. Neither of us have been there. Our plan is to do 3-4 days in Boston and then rent a car and head out thru New England.  

Question, is anyone familiar with the area.  What "don't miss" sites would you suggest?

Just now, TheCMSH said:

Ping Lisa, L8rdays, aka Mrs Marco. She's from Bahstun

Sorry, already done ?

2 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

Never been there. But get baked beans. 

Nope.  Clam Chowder.

You could go North on US 1 to Bar Harbor, ME & Cadillac Mt. It's like the East Coast version of South Mountain in Phx. A bit farther up the road off of US 1 is Quoddy Head park, the Easternmost point of the US and a famous lighthouse. Lots of quaint towns and of course fresh Maine lobster. Alternately, you could go South to Plymouth to see the Rock and Plantation and follow around Cape Cod to Provincetown to the Eastern end of US 6, which was the longest highway in the country. Either direction is an interesting drive if you avoid interstates. I'd stay away from Chappaquiddick Island late at night, since they seem to have bridge problems there.

Try a "food tour".  They will show you all the local history in an area while you sample foods at different restaurants you would never know about. 

Blk n Blu
5 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Either direction is an interesting drive if you avoid interstates. I'd stay away from Chappaquiddick Island late at night, since they seem to have bridge problems there.

:lol

Desertdawg

Plus 1 for the food tour. 

We did one in Phoenix and Raliegh and they both were fun.