NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Looking to get a little head.....

Togo

....tested for leaks. 

Ot only took me 7 years to get it off.... <"great Tommy, and just a shade under a decade, alright"> had to throw in my tommy boy quote because it's so applicable here! 

So ....... where do I take this scrap metal to have it tested for cracks? 

image.jpg

Holy Crap it's Chris :chris !!! Hiya bud! I'm sure Joe from CPR can point ya in the right direction and hope to see ya around again!

:chris  <--- Chris. 

Dude, you need to get some faster wrenches.

7 years is just a little to long Togo without yer Vette. 

If you live on the West side, try Phoenix Cylinder Head Service @ 5221 W. Montebello #6. He's done good work for me on several projects over the years and always fair priced.

take em to Vintage Iron & Restoration

They can check em out and get em ready for further use .....

• 2 months later...

So I remembered I had a guy.... a family team that has been working on mine and my family's cars since I was in high school.... Ed Smith and his boys have a couple shops over in downtown Glendale and Chris over at 5 star engine exchange ran a pressure test on the head for me and came back with both good and bad news. The good news is the head doesn't have a leak... The bad news....i have idea how to find out where the leak is coming from.  Anyone know sometime who might be mobile and can do  that magnetic powder stuff test on my iron block???? Or any other suggestions? I looked at the manifold and it doesn't appear to have any water flow in it, so I'm thinking the only thing left is the block ?