NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I need a volunteer.

BSeery

I am doing a lot of "major" work on my C3 lately. All the vacuum lines have been replaced, all the electrical in the engine compartment is being re-done, new belts, new brakes -- lots of work.

There is one part I can't get to, and I need someone's help.

I am replacing the throttle cable. Mine was split and frayed and coming apart.

My hand, arm, whole body, is too big to get up under the dash to disconnect the old cable and connect the new one.

If someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will be out of town all week for work, so next week either after Hooters or on Sunday would be best. I need to get this done, but I can't do it. I also can't move the car to take it somewhere to get done as most of the cable is already gone.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks !! :thumbs:

3,503 lbs of trouble
If someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Dan, I don't know if you would be able to get up there any further than I can.

My main problem is not only am I too big, but I am claustrophobic about being up in that confined area.

I think we need someone the size of Tim or Mark -- you know -- small airline mechanics that fit inside parts like that.

Guest Sidewinder

My main problem is not only am I too big, but I am claustrophobic about being up in that confined area.

I think we need someone the size of Tim or Mark -- you know -- small airline mechanics that fit inside parts like that.

Are you referring to an Airline that does not have many aircraft, or an individual that stills shop in the "boys" section of a clothing store? :rolf

Well, they say that without bomb loaders the Air Force would just be another airline.

I'll give it a shot. How long should it take? Are you gonna be at hOOters on Saturday? If so I can show a little early and give it a go.

moved other part of this topic to the Events section and made a new post.

So I take it going to hooters a little early and doing it there is out of the question.

I have no idea what your schedule is.

We are not going to Hooters this weekend, we are going to the Split Window Diner in Fountain Hills instead (see the post in the Events section).

So, with that having changed, I don't know.

I will be going up there for lunch, and then the rest of my Saturday and Sunday is wide open.

Call me at 480-220-2484 so we can figure this out.

Thanks !!

I have no idea what your schedule is.

We are not going to Hooters this weekend, we are going to the Split Window Diner in Fountain Hills instead (see the post in the Events section).

So, with that having changed, I don't know.

I will be going up there for lunch, and then the rest of my Saturday and Sunday is wide open.

Call me at 480-220-2484 so we can figure this out.

Thanks !!

I can come over tomorrow morning before Split Window lunch and give it a try if you like.

I am closer, but do not know if I will fit.

let me know if you want to give it a try.

Phil...

Guest Sidewinder

Looks like I may have to work Saturday for while. If Phil can't get 'er done I should be able to meet up with you on Sunday.

This is all taken care of.

Phil came over and risked life and limb to help me get the old cable out and put the new one in.

He did such a good job, I went ahead and broke the first replacement throttle cable so we could do it all over AGAIN.

After a trip to Checker for ANOTHER new cable, Phil got that one in place and all is good now.

Thanks Phil !! :thumbs:

Bryan,

No Problem with the task. Glad I was able to help out.

Thanks againg for lunch.

Talk to you later.