NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Antifreeze disposal?

F22trainer

So what is the easiest method for disposal of antifreeze? I used to dropit a Auto Zone...but the one over here said oil only.

Maricopa County web site is no help...

the humane society or any animal adaption center is where I drop off my antifreeze. 

its easy , Just pore it into individual small open bowl containers and lay them out in a row inside the play pen. . 

...leaving thread now

From what I understand, if it's the newer type (orange) it contains nothing harmful to animals, but will still kill weeds. Weed killer is legal to dump on your lawn until the environmentalists decide weeds are becoming an endangered species.

2 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I hear anti-freeze mixes well with Vodka.

This is a myth. I tried mixing the green antifreeze in a drink for St. Patricks day and nealy died in the hospital.......

If you're a regular customer at a tire shop that also does fluid replacements you could ask nicely if they'll take it in their recycle barrel. This has worked for me several times in the past. I happened to be doing a lot of tire swaps for track events and bought more than a few sets of race tires. I almost exclusively used a shop near my house and they were able to easily accommodate my requests for tire and antifreeze disposal.

No need for disposal for me. I'm staying factory correct in mine.