NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Its a wonderful day for Pi

TheCMSH

13 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Yeah, pie....ruhbarb pie...

The only restaurant I know that has the real stuff is the Rock Springs Cafe and their pies really suck since the new owners took over. I could only handle one slice of rhubarb and threw away the rest of a $18 pie.

If you know a different place (not the strawberry-rhubarb mix) that serves straight rhubarb, I'm up for a taste test.

I'll keep my peeps open. I usually get one or two sent down from Nebraska. There's a little cafe in the town my sister lives that make them. I agree about the strawberry & rhubarb, just ruins the taste. When did the ownership change at Rock Springs?

Growing up in Nebraska I had never heard of the strawberry rhubarb abomination until I moved here. We grew rhubarb on the farm and in the garden in town, never got tired of the pie or rhubarb cake. Good stuff 

11 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I'll keep my peeps open. I usually get one or two sent down from Nebraska. There's a little cafe in the town my sister lives that make them. I agree about the strawberry & rhubarb, just ruins the taste. When did the ownership change at Rock Springs?

IIRC Rock Springs was bought in the late Spring 2015. They've recently changed the website, so some of the history is gone too. We had a hot 6'6" amazon woman for a lunchtime waitress there in November, which was nice, but the pies and breakfast we bought in Dec was awful.