NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Rice Burners & Mustangs......

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

Almost every day of driving my Vette, I inevitably find a Honda or a Mustang next to me at a light, revving it up trying to get me to race. What is it with some (Most) of these guys?! They got something to prove - not to me but themselves I guess and how sad this is! Maybe if they spent less money on their audio systems and speeding and reckless driving tickets, they could also own a Vette.

I'm happy and comfortable :cone and don't even need a sound system when I'm in my ride - the smells, the sounds the feel of the car, the handling - everything that makes a Vette a Vette; its all I need when I drive. Life is good and I have nothing to prove to anyone! Besides, I AM the ONLY one on the road when I drive my Vette so I give no mind to nothing except other fellow Vettes. That funny grin :cool has not gone away after three months with this car and that funny grin must be what the Ricers and Pony's are after. Can't blame them though - I was once a Ricer and survived to talk about it, but I NEVER bowed up to a Corvette dammit. :crazy

Guest UVETTYA

I think most of them just want to see you light it up. The rev is more of a salute than anything. I usually just smile and wave at them.

There are the few who think they have a fast car (and some do, don't be fooled) and want to see how it does against the icon. It's human nature to be competetive.

I agree that street racing is stupid, although I must admit I've been goaded into jumping on it a time or two - but it wasn't really a "race," if you know what I mean. :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5
Glad to hear you are still grinin :yesnod and enjoying your ride, and take the revers as a complement!

:agree I also was a ricer, but I had a 400hp 4 cylinder car that we had built up and ran low 13's. I NEVER NEVER NEVER tried running against a Vette though. I didn't want to. I have been in love with Vettes my whole life and when I came across one at a stoplight, I had them rolling down the window and asking me, "WTF is in that thing, it sounds like a beast?" LOL, but we never lit it up.

I have had a few Mustangs and Hondas rev at me at the lights since getting my Vette, but not nearly as many as when I had my Eclipse GST. I always roll down the window and watch or listen to their reaction when they see, 1. It's a girl driving, 2. It's a girl driving a car that sounds like it could kill anything, & 3. It's a girl that won't race them. lol..... I did one little show off one time to an RSX that was trying to get my goat. I rolled down the window, got the usual response and started laughing. The passenger asked me, "What is so funny?" I said, "You'll see." And well, the rest of the story would be fabricated from here, but lets just say, the little riced out RSX never had a chance. lol.

Take it as a compliment and don't get too full of yourself in your HAPPY MACHINE! I call it that because after almost 4 years with mine, I STILL GRIN like crazy when I am driving mine too! Good for you!

Phill's Vette

Glad to hear you are still grinin :yesnod and enjoying your ride, and take the revers as a complement!

:agree I also was a ricer, but I had a 400hp 4 cylinder car that we had built up and ran low 13's. I NEVER NEVER NEVER tried running against a Vette though. I didn't want to. I have been in love with Vettes my whole life and when I came across one at a stoplight, I had them rolling down the window and asking me, "WTF is in that thing, it sounds like a beast?" LOL, but we never lit it up.

I have had a few Mustangs and Hondas rev at me at the lights since getting my Vette, but not nearly as many as when I had my Eclipse GST. I always roll down the window and watch or listen to their reaction when they see, 1. It's a girl driving, 2. It's a girl driving a car that sounds like it could kill anything, & 3. It's a girl that won't race them. lol..... I did one little show off one time to an RSX that was trying to get my goat. I rolled down the window, got the usual response and started laughing. The passenger asked me, "What is so funny?" I said, "You'll see." And well, the rest of the story would be fabricated from here, but lets just say, the little riced out RSX never had a chance. lol.

Take it as a compliment and don't get too full of yourself in your HAPPY MACHINE! I call it that because after almost 4 years with mine, I STILL GRIN like crazy when I am driving mine too! Good for you!

:lol Thank you Tanya! :howdy

Almost every day of driving my Vette, I inevitably find a Honda or a Mustang next to me at a light, revving it up trying to get me to race. What is it with some (Most) of these guys?! They got something to prove - not to me but themselves I guess and how sad this is! Maybe if they spent less money on their audio systems and speeding and reckless driving tickets, they could also own a Vette.

I'm happy and comfortable :cone and don't even need a sound system when I'm in my ride - the smells, the sounds the feel of the car, the handling - everything that makes a Vette a Vette; its all I need when I drive. Life is good and I have nothing to prove to anyone! Besides, I AM the ONLY one on the road when I drive my Vette so I give no mind to nothing except other fellow Vettes. That funny grin :cool has not gone away after three months with this car and that funny grin must be what the Ricers and Pony's are after. Can't blame them though - I was once a Ricer and survived to talk about it, but I NEVER bowed up to a Corvette dammit. :crazy

You said it all !!!!!! I get the same thing.

Pete flores ( VETTE 2000 )