NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Jeez, I Hope I Never Get This Desperate!

Loud Pedal

:agree Wow and they're a good kisser too! :huh

M~

BTW, did you fill your job postings at your place yet? Or will you be interviewing this guy?

It might be worth giving him an interview afterall he did ask if you wanted your car detailed. I'd have him start on Jenna's though. If he proves him self make him do the Z in order to get the job. :lol

Juggling chainsaws while having pickles thrown at you. OMG, I really want to interview this guy.

I did fill all 3 positions. Here's hoping they all work out.

Make sure you tape that interview and post it here... oh yea that's illegal, nevermind! :leaving

Perfectly legal in AZ as long as one party has knowledge it's being taped. Posting it here might be a liability issue especially after we all get through with it. :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

I know how this guy feels. I want to make a career change myself, but I am not having much luck. Everyone sees my Accountant Status and experience and they want to hire me for that! I don't want to be an Accountant anymore damn it! lol.. I have been in Sales for a year and I love it and plan to stay in that field.

Poor guy. Well, I agree, I would LOVE to see him juggling chainsaws while having pickles thrown at him. lol.....

Tanya

Well, at least he can put a 350 together so he can't be all bad. I feel his pain though being in somewhat the same circumstance transitioning from IT consultant to full time perm at my age SUX! After age 35 your age works against you most of the time. :toetap

I wonder if he's ever thought about calling one of these "nameless, faceless" employers and asked for an interview. :toetap

Seems he's done a lot of faxing and submitting, but no "hey, I'm 'so-and-so', what did you think of my resume/application?" :huh

Sometimes it takes more than just submitting a piece of paper or online "send."

Putting a face to you name goes a long way.

I wonder if he's ever thought about calling one of these "nameless, faceless" employers and asked for an interview. :toetap

Seems he's done a lot of faxing and submitting, but no "hey, I'm 'so-and-so', what did you think of my resume/application?" :huh

Sometimes it takes more than just submitting a piece of paper or online "send."

Putting a face to you name goes a long way.

I gotta jam you on this one cuz I flat out disagree.

Yes its nice to get face time, or to make a phone call, but you have been in the Military too long. The civilan world does not work like that.

They do not get phone numbers for a reason.

You cant get "Face time" for a reason.

Your "paper resume" has to be perfect in every way (but they dont tell you in what way).

You cant just call up and say "Hi.. Id like to talk to the HR rep that is underpaid and looks at 1000 Resumes every day". The HR rep doesent care.

Your Resume goes through a massive filtering job at many levels. Your sheet of paper has 0.3 Nano seconds to impress someone for them to put it in a "qualified pile" or "File 13"

That is the current market for getting a job. Its all about sheer volume. I have blasted out 150,000 resumes and got 3 interviews. Thats about the correct ratio.

..now after an interview, you do a follow up phone call, and thank you letter.

However getting to that interview is all about sheer numbers with the best quality resume you can produce.

2cts

Chad

I personally think you're both right. You've got to have a perfect resume but do whatever you can to get that "face time". That said I have heard that somewhere in the area of 70% of jobs are filled through networking. Since retiring from the PD I've had two jobs and both were via networking.

I gotta jam you on this one cuz I flat out disagree.

Yes its nice to get face time, or to make a phone call, but you have been in the Military too long. The civilan world does not work like that.

They do not get phone numbers for a reason.

You cant get "Face time" for a reason.

Your "paper resume" has to be perfect in every way (but they dont tell you in what way).

You cant just call up and say "Hi.. Id like to talk to the HR rep that is underpaid and looks at 1000 Resumes every day". The HR rep doesent care.

Your Resume goes through a massive filtering job at many levels. Your sheet of paper has 0.3 Nano seconds to impress someone for them to put it in a "qualified pile" or "File 13"

That is the current market for getting a job. Its all about sheer volume. I have blasted out 150,000 resumes and got 3 interviews. Thats about the correct ratio.

..now after an interview, you do a follow up phone call, and thank you letter.

However getting to that interview is all about sheer numbers with the best quality resume you can produce.

2cts

Chad

Here's your new resume photo. :jester

chadorangetoung.jpg

Who wouldn't hire a guy named Cahd??? :chris