NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Barrett Jackson

az57chevy

When last year and had a blast.

The super snake was the highlight for me.

Definitely going again this year.

Not sure what day yet.

During the Xmas break my bother and I went to the BJ show room and took photos of ourselves with the original Batmobile

holding a photo we took with George Barris and his Batmobile at his show room in North Hollywood last August. Nice guy.

Now we want to take an other photo with Mr. Barris at BJ auction with the original Batmobile.

We heard it is being auctioned off again but have not seen any hype on the BJ commercials.

The original Batmobile was kind of beat up and a little different from the perfect one Mr. Barris had at his shop.

We decide to take Mr. Barris' photo with us when ever we go on the road and take photos with our photo.

In May we want to go the annual  Barris car show. Every car he made should be there.

22 hours ago, Big Tom said:

What time does one need to get to the Pavilions in order to get a parking spot?

I would suggest by 10 AM

Some guys park a car in a spot the night before to save their spot.  They park in the aisle but you need to stay with your car in that case.

43 minutes ago, az57chevy said:

I would suggest by 10 AM

Some guys park a car in a spot the night before to save their spot.  They park in the aisle but you need to stay with your car in that case.

That would make for a very long day....  Is it really worth sleeping in your car over night?

7 hours ago, Big Tom said:

That would make for a very long day....  Is it really worth sleeping in your car over night?

They drive a daily driver and park it overnight and then show up with their show car on Saturday afternoon and swap teh cars out

20 hours ago, coconut girl said:

Now we want to take an other photo with Mr. Barris at BJ auction with the original Batmobile.

Sorry, George passed Nov, 5th

Will be at BJ Wed for sure ... and probably a couple of evenings leading up to the weekend.

planning  to be at Pavilions early Sat with the Komando Corvette with For Sale flyers in the seats ..........

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:16 AM, JohnU said:

Sorry, George passed Nov, 5th

Mr. Barris was a great guy. I bought his book that had not come out yet when we were at his shop last summer.

It was written by his son Brett. Brett stars the book with "This book was written by the luckiest kid in the world".

Then Brett Barris shows several of photos from his birthday parties with the Munster mobile and other Barris Hollywood cars.

My brother and I will be at Barrett Jackson on Thursday! 

Went to Barrett-Jackson yesterday.

yep just like in years past. Two things that did grab my attention were the Trailer Mfg's , Holy creamoly there's some nice boxes for hauling toys.

And the Rally Fighter made by Local Motors. Stacey almost had me talked into one as a daily driver.

Why, not!

Figured somebody here would know the car.  The owner is a small "kid", looks like a college student from India.

At least buy a cowl hood before you bolt on that extra whopping 20HP is all I'm sayin

1 hour ago, Sleezy E said:

At least buy a cowl hood before you bolt on that extra whopping 20HP is all I'm sayin

20 HP......LOL!   For all the noise the owner makes with it I'd hope at least 50 more ponies!     :) 

Done at Barrett .... change of plans for pavilions ... get to take a day off .... I am retired ya know !!!

Ref the trailers .... yeah ... especially liked the loading deck ... sure makes getting the car on and off much easier ...

Sure was a lot of Vettes out there ... any thing and everything ....

Kid is from UAE. 

Holley high ram can easily be 50+rwhp, but most people that bolt them on are no where near setup for them. And even a huge cowl hood doesn't fit. More common to see the intake coming through the hood.

Some people think it looks cool, or race car like.