Under Hood Detailer that is mobile

Now that our county road is paved (11th Ave between Irvine Rd and Joy Ranch Rd) I see a need for an under hood detail / engine cleaning. Seeking the contact info for someone who is a mobile detailer (comes to my residence) with C6 experience (electronics savvy, keeps them dry). I can now do my own exterior detailing but have no under hood detailing expertise.

Thanks all,

Chris

If your comfortable with detailing the outside, it's not that difficult to clean the engine bay. It also depends on how grubby it is to start with.

With electronics behind the harmonic balancer water under pressure towards the front of the motor is a no-no.  Use a paint brush and a small bucket of soap (I like laundry detergent) and scrub a section at the time.  Run water out of the hose not under pressure to rinse off.  Do it again and again hitting sections you missed earlier.   

Guest badbobs95

My favorite two words when detailing your car, "SILICONE FREE" If you have any products in your garage that contain silicone, trash them. I use Meguiars Silicone Free Dressing on the whole engine bay after cleaning thoroughly. I use it on dash boards, plastic, vinyl, door panels, everything that isn't painted except weather strip which I use  Gummi pflege.

I sincerely appreciate the ideas (paintbrush makes great sense), hose at standard pressure, no silicone, protect electrics and the LINKS. It is a dust and red dirt covered mess in there currently. Was thinking of using a pump up foam sprayer with a vehicle safe cleaner to start but the soil load is pretty heavy, I'll read some more and if any names come to mind please let me know. Thanks all.

Chris

Guest badbobs95
50 minutes ago, harleypower69 said:

I sincerely appreciate the ideas (paintbrush makes great sense), hose at standard pressure, no silicone, protect electrics and the LINKS. It is a dust and red dirt covered mess in there currently. Was thinking of using a pump up foam sprayer with a vehicle safe cleaner to start but the soil load is pretty heavy, I'll read some more and if any names come to mind please let me know. Thanks all.

Chris

One last thing Chris, if you have access to a compressor, blow all the crap off first. Might help. And never clean your engine when it is hot.

20 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

One last thing Chris, if you have access to a compressor, blow all the crap off first. Might help. And never clean your engine when it is hot.

Thank-you for this thought here ^ I do have a compressor. I'll just push it out of the garage and have a stone cold engine. Hot engine, hot brakes plus H2O is never good, learned that years ago on motorcycle.

17 hours ago, 1EVILC6 said:

Agreed! Lay 3 or 4 blocks of ice on top of engine to cool it down before cleaning!

I have a glacier in my garage so was thinking of doing this in my snow cave, lol.

I spray Simple Green diluted with 1/2 water on the cold engine let sit for 5 minutes and then rinse with an open ended hose. Now that I see this thread it's time to do it again...

23 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

My favorite two words when detailing your car, "SILICONE FREE" If you have any products in your garage that contain silicone, trash them. I use Meguiars Silicone Free Dressing on the whole engine bay after cleaning thoroughly. I use it on dash boards, plastic, vinyl, door panels, everything that isn't painted except weather strip which I use  Gummi pflege.

Does this Meguires product leave a coating on the inside of the Glass as it evaporates in the Sun over time?

Guest badbobs95
3 hours ago, Big Tom said:

Does this Meguires product leave a coating on the inside of the Glass as it evaporates in the Sun over time?

I've never noticed that happening. After I apply it, it does dry quickly and puts the emollients back in dried up plastic such as the windshield wiper cowl. Along with all the black plastic under the hood. I even use the stuff on tires because it makes them look new, not wet. And no wet sling off the tires on your fenders. 

Expect more dust to pop up for a spell as the vibration will juggle it out of all teh crevices.  I use CR2 (I know old school stuff but reliable) to detail the innards once I am done cleaning.