NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CPR has the first 9 sec V in AZ!

joe@cpr.com

Last night our customer Justin solidified himself as the first 9 second Ctsv (V2) in AZ.  He also just recently set the ctsv half mile record at 178.85. Car was 100% built by us and has a stock bottom end, stock trans, stock converter, stock diff, stock axles. Has a mild cam, bolt on package, e85, and a nitrous outlet spray bar system. The right lane in this pic is also our customer Mike who has a ctsv with a package from us too. Small cam, bolt on's, e85. 

FB_IMG_1452918830865.jpg

Guest badbobs95
3 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

Last night our customer Justin solidified himself as the first 9 second Ctsv (V2) in AZ.  He also just recently set the ctsv half mile record at 178.85. Car was 100% built by us and has a stock bottom end, stock trans, stock converter, stock diff, stock axles. Has a mild cam, bolt on package, e85, and a nitrous outlet spray bar system. The right lane in this pic is also our customer Mike who has a ctsv with a package from us too. Small cam, bolt on's, e85. 

FB_IMG_1452918830865.jpg

I think you should make BUZZ a 10 second car and I'll put CPR stickers all over the damn thing!!!!! You could write it off as advertising. I could throw a couple hundred bucks your way. I'm generous like that. :burnout 

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2016 at 10:20 AM, racingchester said:

Really quick for a sedan!!!

Yep, they sure are. But unfortunately, neither one can run at WHP again without adding the safety stuff required. The track fun is done.

4 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

Ran just fine at the street car takeover event. Also he cares more about the half mile events than drag. 

So did either one install the NHRA required safety stuff or did the event bypass NHRA rules?

What the owner cares about means nothing, since he was racing 1/4 mile at WHP.

Just checking, since I run 10's with only bolt-ons and can't pass tech without NHRA rules being met.

no cage in the car, this event they didn't care. There will never be a cage put in this car. It's a street car not a drag car, just happens to go really fast lol. 

Wow! The streetcar website clearly stated in their rules the cars "Must meet the tracks safety requirements at tech in", so naturally I assumed that would happen. Now I wonder if they didn't bother with some of the other rules either. My 130K mile daily driver is also a street car, not a drag car, but I still need to have and do have the required safety equipment including a rollbar, 5-point harness, fire jacket. I still manage to run 10's without a blower, E85, NOS, or a non-stock cam. It's quick, but not so fast. Maybe even quicker without the rollbar and harness.

Yes we know you run tens with bolt on's in your car. It's been mentioned multiple times in this thread :P

Don't think it was some free for all or anything. Our guys still techd down to what they could but when they ran a time they didn't get booted. It's a private rental and the new management respected the huge amount street car takeover paid to have this event. Now that this event has settled time to focus on omega in a few weeks. Another 30+ of our cars will be running again :)

Yes we know you run tens with bolt on's in your car. It's been mentioned multiple times in this thread :P

Don't think it was some free for all or anything. Our guys still techd down to what they could but when they ran a time they didn't get booted. It's a private rental and the new management respected the huge amount street car takeover paid to have this event. Now that this event has settled time to focus on omega in a few weeks. Another 30+ of our cars will be running again :)

Hey, don't get your panties in a wad. I was just trying to determine why and how two of your customer's cars on the timeslip you posted got past tech with those mods. When the streetcar event wasn't promoted by WHP as being a rental and the event rules stated cars had to pass the track's tech (which is NHRA rules) and the Friday night on the timeslip wasn't a rental and tech used NHRA rules, I wondered how they got through tech to run that quick and I run slower, but have to meet the rules.

Yeah, it's cool that those cars run that quick and I get it that you're proud to own the shop that worked on them, just like I'm proud to run 10's with the car I own and work on. The difference is I abide by the rules of the game and apparently your customers didn't.

BTW, they were both behind me in the staging lanes. See the time/date stamp. :)

jan 2016 timeslip.jpg

2 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

No panties in a wad here lol. You realize I do more than own the shop right? I actually build this stuff too. 

Yeah, I knew you were a hands-on owner. So the next time your customers come in, ask them how they got through tech without rollbars, etc. and how they managed to make multiple passes well below the 11.50 threshold without getting booted. I got the boot a year ago for making a 10.9's pass when they gave me a 11.00 limit for not having axle retaining loops.

With our current legal system regarding lawsuits, you might consider having a disclaimer on your invoices that relieves you of responsibility for damages resulting from providing more performance capability than the OEM. If one of these guys gets injured/killed while driving something you modified and it was related to speed, lawyers will go after anyone who contributed to that ability. It's called CYA and you don't want to leave yourself exposed when a little print on an invoice can protect you.

I know how they get through with no issues. And I am protected.

You willing to share how that works?