NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I've Got A Problem

JimmyZ78

Well, the time is just about here to install my stereo and insulation kit. I'm a ex BMW tech and now a Crane tech. I love working on my own car and I've recently been told that I can't work on my car for awhile at my work. I have all the tools in the world to do this job, but just can't do it at work, which is frustrating considering there my tools, I've spent all this money on them and can't use them to work on my own car....damn if it wasn't a good job and good money, I'd tell them to f off, but anyway. Anyone feel like assisting with an install, I can bring the basic tools as I'm not sure what we'll need, and I can bring beer and pizza or something to that nature. Anyone have experience in this? (not the pizza and beer) :thumbs

What needs to be installed:

Alpine CD harness,

All the wiring, (amp, speakers, power and ground buss, misc)

JL10W7 in custom box

Front door speakers and tweets.

CC Insulation kit

Dynamat in doors

Cap

I'm picturing this to be a weekend job. I could actually take the interior out at home and install it here or maybe at work, but the timely job (install) can't be done there at this time. I am waiting on my box from Audio Dave on CF, and I need to order my Sub (later this month)

So any takers?

Thanks

James

IS this for a vette? ( I try not to make any assumptions)

Here is a link to my project back in Sept.

Click here if you want to spend money.......

I would be happy to help.

It can be done in a weekend IF all the parts are there, and Murphy is out of town.

Describe more your goals, where to mount, and what year/make/model your car is.

Example is the HU a double DIN or a single DIN? what kind of door speakers, 6" 5" 4"3" tweet?

cheers

cahd

It can be done in a weekend IF all the parts are there, and Murphy is out of town.

Example is the HU a double DIN or a single DIN? what kind of door speakers, 6" 5" 4"3" tweet?

cheers

cahd

200 FRC

Single Din

Chad, it will be pretty straight forward as nothing is custom. We would just rip out the entire interior and install the insulation kit and do all the wiring and install then; including dynamating the doors. The box is premade, just wire it, mount the amp and cap. The H/U is already installed, just need to put a diff harness on it that has the RCA's already hooked up and speaker wire run. The doors already have MB Quarts in them, just change them over to my new ones, same size, just diff x over and diff style tweeter, maybe door handle mount. Thats pretty much it. I'll get the things needed as the day gets closer, board to mount amp on and what not. Still not sure about that one, on how I want to install this amp. I don't mind doing it all actually, if only I could do it at my work...

What do you think?

James

cheers

cahd

Chad, it will be pretty straight forward as nothing is custom. We would just rip out the entire interior and install the insulation kit and do all the wiring and install then; including dynamating the doors. The box is premade, just wire it, mount the amp and cap. The H/U is already installed, just need to put a diff harness on it that has the RCA's already hooked up and speaker wire run. The doors already have MB Quarts in them, just change them over to my new ones, same size, just diff x over and diff style tweeter, maybe door handle mount. Thats pretty much it. I'll get the things needed as the day gets closer, board to mount amp on and what not. Still not sure about that one, on how I want to install this amp. I don't mind doing it all actually, if only I could do it at my work...

What do you think?

James

Also, maybe blackmagic the tuner could stop by when were done :yesnod

Ifyou are adding an amp to the mix, then add time for routing speaker wires to the amp location.

as for the amp location you have 3 choices,

behind passenger seat, trunk area, or one of the trunk wells.

The normal method is to glue a board to the fiberglass with lquid nails (say under the carpet). Then use that board as a mounting platform for the amp and x-overs.

You will need RCA cables with a tight 90* end to fit behind he HU. .. depending on the HU of course.

I almost mounted my tweets in the door handel, until I read that the X-over was a 12Db slope for the tweet and needed to be within 4" of the speaker. MB quart makes NICE stuff, read the manuals and see if you have that kind of distance.

Ifyou are adding an amp to the mix, then add time for routing speaker wires to the amp location.

as for the amp location you have 3 choices,

behind passenger seat, trunk area, or one of the trunk wells.

The normal method is to glue a board to the fiberglass with lquid nails (say under the carpet). Then use that board as a mounting platform for the amp and x-overs.

You will need RCA cables with a tight 90* end to fit behind he HU. .. depending on the HU of course.

I almost mounted my tweets in the door handel, until I read that the X-over was a 12Db slope for the tweet and needed to be within 4" of the speaker. MB quart makes NICE stuff, read the manuals and see if you have that kind of distance.

I've read that I have 18" on seperation of MB's, but not too sure. I know what needs to be done with the system really. I just need some help and a place doing it. The RCA's will be fine, its a alpine and the harness tucks in to either side of the cd player. The amp can only be mounted on a board in front of the sub as its a JL500.5 = big. I'll let you know when I have things rounded up and we'll go from there. Thanks

James