NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Friday night at the drags Friday night the 15th.

Guest badbobs95

So it looks like I have to have a fire jacket to participate.

it also appears as if I can't run below 11.5 seconds. 

SLAMMER

3 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

Come out and have some fun. If you've never been, you don't have to have 1000 HP to have a great time. But you do need a helmet. 

http://www.racewildhorse.net/index.php/events/friday-night-drags-hosted-by-racingjunk.com-Jan8 

I had wanted to go today, since the DA was in the 200-600' range all morning. I had several things to do yesterday and didn't get the car ready. 40 years ago, I would have stayed up all night to be ready, so it really shows how this age thing works, or doesn't.

2 hours ago, SLAMMER said:

So it looks like I have to have a fire jacket to participate.

it also appears as if I can't run below 11.5 seconds. 

SLAMMER

Yes on the fire jacket and 5-point harness at 11.49, plus verts need a rollbar at 13.49. The tech at WHP is not like Speedworld or Firebird. 10.99 also requires a trans blanket (auto), flywheel shield (manual), and axle retainers.

3 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Yes on the fire jacket and 5-point harness at 11.49, plus verts need a rollbar at 13.49. The tech at WHP is not like Speedworld or Firebird. 10.99 also requires a trans blanket (auto), flywheel shield (manual), and axle retainers.

Oh,... now I remember why I don't go to the drag strip any more. 

Run what you brung...........?

as long as it's not a vert. That goes faster than 13.50. 

SLAMMER

MidNiteFury01

At least its only $15.00 for spectators, thats cheap entertainment watching other people turn their money into noise. :burnout 

13 hours ago, SLAMMER said:

Oh,... now I remember why I don't go to the drag strip any more. 

Run what you brung...........?

as long as it's not a vert. That goes faster than 13.50. 

SLAMMER

:agree I don't have a problem dealing with safety stuff in general, but a trans blanket on a rear trans car only means some of the parts won't end up on the track if it grenades. The rules were made years ago and still apply to those '50's and '60's cars that now go a whole bunch quicker than they did back then. However, the later stuff is a lot safer right off the showroom floor. The cars are safer, but not necessarily the young inexperienced drivers.

Guest badbobs95

I know I don't need to worry about all that 11 second stuff! I'll be lucky to beat my own record of 13.5 but I'm having fun trying. :burnout  

2 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

I know I don't need to worry about all that 11 second stuff! I'll be lucky to beat my own record of 13.5 but I'm having fun trying. :burnout  

The DA Friday night will make you think you added another 20 HP. If you can control spinning on the launch, you'll leave that 13.5 as only a memory.

I went this Sunday and regretted it. Teched for 11.5 due to catback not being factory. Didn't notice headers or cam sound, it was the catback that did it. SMH They're being Nazi's and they told me they had been too lenient before but won't be anymore moving forward. I teched for 10.0 last time out in early December. Now I need to get the 5pt cage because of my catback.

I guess that lets me out!

I’ll be dammed if I’m going to pay them $40 to tell me I can’t run the car to it’s

Full potential any more.

Last time I went I told them it was stock and they didn't even pop the hood.. 

Guess we'll see

Guest badbobs95
On 1/11/2016 at 1:35 PM, NachosZO6 said:

I went this Sunday and regretted it. Teched for 11.5 due to catback not being factory. Didn't notice headers or cam sound, it was the catback that did it. SMH They're being Nazi's and they told me they had been too lenient before but won't be anymore moving forward. I teched for 10.0 last time out in early December. Now I need to get the 5pt cage because of my catback.

Sorry to hear that Nacho. Maybe it was just the jerk doing the tech that day. If they give me any shit I won't be going back either.

Just upgraded my intake to a brand new stp model... 

You boys better bring your A game tonight!!

P_20160115_144307_zps0y93d4wu.jpg

Guest badbobs95
17 hours ago, Sleezy E said:

Just upgraded my intake to a brand new stp model... 

You boys better bring your A game tonight!!

P_20160115_144307_zps0y93d4wu.jpg

I did, I did, I brought my A game. What a difference a day makes. Tech was a breeze and I got my best time so far 13.4 but the track was slippery. So much so I kept spinning on launch with the Nitto drags and the last time they hooked up really well. I don't know if it made a difference but the NHRA was tearing it up all day up till 6:00. Lots of enormous burnouts. Did seven runs in 90 minutes, not too bad. 

So I waved at Bob as he was returning from a pass, but he was so focused on getting back in line, he paid no attention.

I agree the track was slippery, except for my second pass when I was the first one to go after they did a clean and prep update. Had 4 passes with 1.6 to 1.7 60' times and 1 pass with a 1.48. Apparently had some crappy fuel, since KR was present every run, including the 10.94 when I hooked the launch.

I bailed the run after I talked to you Tom. I just blew the tires off my last 2 passes and had enough.

Any luck with the intake "mod"?

3 hours ago, Sleezy E said:

I bailed the run after I talked to you Tom. I just blew the tires off my last 2 passes and had enough.

Any luck with the intake "mod"?

I never got a good full pass to do a comparison. I'm throwing in some Torco on top of some fresh gas to scan on a few back road WOT pulls. I had bad KR Friday, which could have been a fuel issue, so this quick test will confirm or deny crap gas was the culprit. Otherwise, I need to search for a different reason.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:47 PM, HOXXOH said:

So I waved at Bob as he was returning from a pass, but he was so focused on getting back in line, he paid no attention.

I agree the track was slippery, except for my second pass when I was the first one to go after they did a clean and prep update. Had 4 passes with 1.6 to 1.7 60' times and 1 pass with a 1.48. Apparently had some crappy fuel, since KR was present every run, including the 10.94 when I hooked the launch.

I believe that you will hit 10.7’s at either Sacramento or

Sonoma now, Tom.

The weather is currently quite lovely in Sonoma, I can attest. El Nino is kicking Call in the butt tho

lol

Just to be clear about this,

I predict that he will hit 10.7’s at either Sacramento or

Sonoma in clear & not snowy or rainy weather with this D/A.

Track was hooking great last night. Worst launch was 1.51 when I tried 2500 RPM. DA ranged from 1721 @ 8 PM to 1412@11.

At least 100# over racing weight, but still managed to squeak into the 10's and got the second highest MPH ever at WHP of 125.52. The sea level correction makes it 10.82 @ 127.72,. So yeah Bob, kicking out the extra weight and getting some negative air will make 10'7's easy.

BTW, the secret project is good for about .05 ET and .5 MPH. Not too bad for less than a pound of aluminum.                                                                                                                        @10SuperDuty