Heads Up People

Buccaneer

While Jim and I were at the track tonight at Firebird testing his latest tune out, they announced that the TV show PINKS is to be at Firebird Dragway December 9th. Just a heads up on that one if your interested. Mark your calendar now. Check there website for the times.

That bald guy seems a little egomaniacal to me, but I do watch it from time to time.

What would be interesting is if a couple of local speed shops (picture AZP&S vs. AMP or whatever) built up a couple a cars to race, each plastered with their logos and sh!t of course for the marketing value. It is NATIONAL television after all. Reps could be crushed or made legendary. The cars wouldn't have to be beauty queens, it could be a beater mod-mustang versus a ratty 'vette or f-body with a wicked motor. Whatever.

:jive: <------stirring the pot. :devil

More info on PINKS at Firebird.

Race ALL OUT or go home! Bring your family and friends for a day of incredible racing. Your car has to be dialed in between 9.0 - 9.9 to play in this game! You'll be competing for $10,000 CASH. No sandbaggers allowed! Heads-Up, Run-What-Ya-Brung drag racing...

PINKS ALL OUT - Will You Be The Last Racer Standing?

Date: December, 9th 2006

Gates Open: 7:00 AM

Tech Inspection: 7 AM - 10:15 AM

Qualifying: 10:15 AM - 3 PM

Top Prize: $10,000 PLUS 8 racers get $1,000

http://www.firebirdraceway.com/

Should be a good night out. Maybe all the vettes can park together so everyone can meet. I posted this on the CFI forum as well for all the local CF guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim and I have already reserved our seats and tickets for PINKS. We are sitting next to the tower in P1, row A, seats 1-5 if anyone is interested. You can setup an online account and get tickets in advance. Open to spectators at 1pm racing at 7pm.

See you there if you go.

http://firebird.ticketforce.com/ordertickets.asp?p=158

• 3 weeks later...

Pinks was great! Only way too much down time and that got old. The racing was great though and the final winner of the 10k was a Camaro over a Mustang. The owner of the Camaro also had his wife racing in a rail and she won 1K and he got another 1K plus a couple bonus races for 400 and the 10K final. I wish I knew what his ET was, but he was pretty fast though.

Guest XLR8TNC5

I can't stand that show. Mark told me that the ALL OUT show is a lot better, but the whining and moaning and lack of timeslips and PROOF really annoys me. I don't watch the show and I have heard from other friends who have been to the tapings at Speedworld about all the downtime and how boring it is. I applaud those who went and were able to sit through it all. You must have amazing patience and or be easily entertained. LOL.

Lata all,

LOL...Yes it was a bit boring when they had a long break, but that was becuase it was a TV show being filmed and all the logistics that go with that stuff. Maybe that guy from CF didn't understand what he was going to see there, who knows. It was a nice night out watching 9 second cars all night and not some ricers inbetween or bikes along with a few daddy's rides and watching the kids beat the crap out of them and the odd pickup. These were top notch cars hauling a$$ all out.

It seems that guy from CF was also complaining about times not being shown and slips...WTF? Why would he care if no time slips were given...LOL! He wasn't racing...dee dee dee! The reason they didn't light up the trap boards is so that nobody racing could see what the other guy was running so there wasn't any sandbagging. They either had to run ALL OUT or lose the race and pack it in for the night and go home or continue racing. They knew who was running what times from the computer screen in the tower only and matched the cars up accordingly by virture of consistant runs. Was it a setup on who ran who or who was matched up with who...Only the shadow knows...LOL!

All can say is there were a few very close photo finishes and times only 1/1000 of a second difference. I had a good time watching very fast cars. It was the same as the TV series, except no pink slips were exchanged. I'm easily entertained when there's beer and good friends along as well. Doh! Ok, you can open fire on me now, oh wait, let me reload first... :hunter