NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CPR @ Omega Motorsports No Fly Zone 12/2015

Guest badbobs95

Guest badbobs95

Here are some pics of the set up yesterday at Omega. Lots of CPR builds there going up to 178 MPH in a half mile race. Every exotic car was there along with lots of Corvettes. The first engine pic is Nicks "UNREAL" and the red C5 is Neals. The fastest car there was a Cadillac wagon that CPR built, wicked!

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/badbob95/slideshow/Omega Motorsports 

There was faster cars than that CTSV wagon. GTR ran 192, and I think my one and only pass was faster than the caddy. Driveshaft coupler cam apart. Ohh well.

And today two records out of the green Lambo. 

I think it went 132 something and also earned quickest devaluation ...

image.thumb.jpeg.1791b56b4c641eacd942a38image.thumb.jpeg.7a9aed9edcc9cad1503368b

image.thumb.jpeg.1791b56b4c641eacd942a38image.thumb.jpeg.7a9aed9edcc9cad1503368b

ESPLAIN that to your insurance company. Doh! Nice pics Bob.

Depends on insurance, but most of time now.

The lambo people who have $300k+ in mods can probably afford another one. 

Last numbers I heard for the Lambo was a record 238!  Going out in a blaze of glory.  My N20 finally overpowered my clutch, time for the upgrade.  It was still good for 164 S/C only.

I have to thank CPR for all of their work and dedication on both of my cars.  My "other " car went 160 on Sunday, but everything seems slow without the juice.

There were a ton of CPR modified cars out there on Sat/Sun, kind of taking over the place.

Thank's for coming out bob! Sure was nice seeing you, sorry I was all over the place as these events I'm getting pulled in every direction haha. We had a total of 48 cars race this weekend and everyone drove home minus the V that had a flat drag radial. but he drove on the trailer so it counts :P The V sedan holds the record now for fastest CTSV in the 1/2 in AZ. 178.85 car makes 840'ish rwhp and has a stock bottom end and stock A6 trans. Car has been making 700 rwhp for a long time too and he abuses that thing like no other haha!! 

MidNiteFury01

Does your car insurance cover you when you are in a "race" event?

I don't believe so.

As a firefighter of some 20 years - you can tell the officer; the one without the SCBA holding the nozzle. The crew are all in teh 45 minute packs. Do as I say damn it!. Nice application of the good ol' AFFF foams there. 

I think we have a few ACE-holes who were involved with wrecks on the track and thier insurance gave em' the ACE salute. Read your policies to see if you are covered. There is specific insurance for race events, and your standard policies specifically EXCLUDE racing and related events for the purposing of knowing you are most likely going to fuck up. Concrete is largely unforgiving. Some guy in white C7 found that out, unfortunately. Glad he is ok.

So the does anyone know the root cause of the major unfortunate ness of the Lambo?  Was it nitrous related, tuner related, or did it just grenade something?

I has a very bad sad, as this is not only my favorite car, but favorite color.

That was 2000+hp twin turbo lambo. Probably had a fuel line or something come loose. Not uncommon on crazy setups like that.