NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Radiator fan tune

Cu4L8R

What do you mean reset it? Adjust fan settings? There is no reset. What exactly are you trying to do?

Vette is running a little warmer than usual. Not alarmingly hot just mentally warm! Thermostat was changed, hose was soft to the touch so it was changed. Still warmer than usual. Is this the norm? Or just being overly cautious?

image.jpeg

Here's what he sent me, he's busy right now.

"It sat idling for 30 min and barely got to 200.. Drove it for 20 min and I climbed to 220.. "

image.jpeg

"It sat idling for 30 min and barely got to 200.. Drove it for 20 min and I climbed to 220.. "

Mine runs like that and I have a new stock thermostat, water pump, hoses, and radiator.

198-200 at cruising speed. 220+ a little can be reached in stopped traffic.

Cleaning of the AC condenser and radiator can help. Lower T-stat WILL help. Tuning the 'puter to enable both fans at a lower temp WILL help.

Mine has been running warmer too in stop & go traffic but I attribute the warmer temps due to the fact that I'm not using the AC which I believe would trigger the fans. I tested my theory this afternoon when I was in rush hour traffic with my jeep.  W/O AC on, temps ranged from 212 to 221. When I kicked on the AC, temps dropped to about 206 and as soon as I turned off the AC, temps climbed back up.

Told him to check the fan connector as his pm to me said he didn't hear any fan on. Your car is stock no need to mess with fan settings, not even a heads/cam needs to touch it. 

Guest badbobs95

Anything under 200 degrees cruising is fantastic. Occasionally hitting 220, completely normal. With A/C off, fans are set at the factory to engage at 226 on low. If the temp hits around 240 the fans go to high. They are always on with the A/C on. Andrew saw his car hit 260 and if he continued to drive it, that could do damage. He was right to pull over and stop. Another thing that can cause your car to overheat after replacing the coolant is an air bubble in the system. After flushing you need to check the levels and bleed that air out of there. OK, I'm done being serious. :burnout