Firebird 11.10.06

ICULUKN

I will be out there to get kicked off... Heading out early...

Going to hit scottsdale after that for some clubbing..

Damn Glenn, how about a little more advanced notice next time.... :toetap

So how fast did you get to go before they booted you????

So.....???? did you go?

I went, I took my Pontiac, I even raced a Vette on my last run.

How did it go?

I would like to have gone, but not enough notice. I did go out to Firebird on 11/03/06 and managed to run a 12.55 and a 12.58. Nothing compared to some of you guys, but as far as C-4's go it was pretty decent. I will bring the C-6 out to Speedworld on the 19th. and see how it compares to my C-4. I want to get the fastest time I can, but deep down I think I still want my C-4 to be the fastest car in my garage...the ol' girls been good to me. I know that sounds stupid....but whatever. Joe

What kind of tires are you using? Im sure your a great driver so most of that 60 ft. is a reflection of that, but the tires had some contribution. With all that n/a v-10 torque it must be a handfull to launch. Great 60 ft./driving, I have a fraction of that power and the best I could do 2 wks. ago was a 1.89,,,Any tips?...Joe

Thanks guys. Ive been told by a few people that Vipers are known for being tough to launch. I think it came easy to me since I had a C5.....both with IRS. I was running on ET Streets. Sloryde what tires are you running? I assume it is street tires. A 1.89 is actually superb if those are the tires your on. You cant just dump the clutch. on these cars. In the Viper I bring the RPMs to around 4000-4500 and "lift" the clutch as I "press" the throttle. The vette was actually harder cuz it didnt have that torque and I had to launch it real high to keep it in the powerband. All it takes is seat time. The more you go the more youll improve.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Joe, AWESOME times in your C-4! There is nothing to be explaining on that one. You have a kick ass ride, so don't worry about what the hell anyone else thinks. I can understand your desire tokeep it the fastest one in the garage. lol. Mark likes to think his is faster too! LOL.

Actually, I don't even go there with MArk because his ZX10 is the fastest thing in the garage and even though I have been for a ride a couple times on that bike, I don't have the guts to be insane on it.

Anyway, the 19th will decide who's Vette is faster for Mark and I. If I lose, I lose, but you know what, Im still the fastest chick on this forum.... lol

ELESWUN, I am in awe at your car. It is absolutely gorgeous and I love watching you run. You do a VERY good job in driving that car (launching etc...) Hope to actually meet you face to face for once come the 19th.

Take care!

Thanks guys. Ive been told by a few people that Vipers are known for being tough to launch. I think it came easy to me since I had a C5.....both with IRS. I was running on ET Streets. Sloryde what tires are you running? I assume it is street tires. A 1.89 is actually superb if those are the tires your on. You cant just dump the clutch. on these cars. In the Viper I bring the RPMs to around 4000-4500 and "lift" the clutch as I "press" the throttle. The vette was actually harder cuz it didnt have that torque and I had to launch it real high to keep it in the powerband. All it takes is seat time. The more you go the more youll improve.

I went out to f-bird on 10-13-06 w/ e.t. streets, but it stated drizzeling out so the track was damp (not wet) I was one of the first back on the track after they reopened it so I took it real easy. Did a 1.84 but I was spooked by the rain. The 1.89 was on BFG Drag Radials with a 3k launch. Its hard to slip the clutch out on my car as it doesnt start to grab until its about an inch, or less, from the top. If I kept running with the et streets that night I would have surely burned out my clutch as its almost totally gone right now. Im getting a new clutch soon, then its time for some practice. Tanya, Thanks for the kudos, you can be pretty cool,... for an ex-ricer! j/k.....see ya joe

I hear ya. It takes a lot of practice to get things going. Experiment with tire pressure, burnouts, launch rpm, clutch release etc. Takes all of these to be in line before things are right. I think a 1.51 is probly as good as my car is going to launch on a stock clutch. Once I toss in a SPEC Im sure I could muster a high 1.4.

Oh and Tanya......we have already met. I used to have the blacked out FRC. I work with Mike.

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com
I hear ya. It takes a lot of practice to get things going. Experiment with tire pressure, burnouts, launch rpm, clutch release etc. Takes all of these to be in line before things are right. I think a 1.51 is probly as good as my car is going to launch on a stock clutch. Once I toss in a SPEC Im sure I could muster a high 1.4.

Oh and Tanya......we have already met. I used to have the blacked out FRC. I work with Mike.

Wow Steve...great runs and greater launch :clap

when I saw that thing run at Firebird I knew it was really fast.

BTW...welcome to the 10 second club...it's a small club with exclusive membership :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

Ahh yes, I remember the Blacked out FRC! Nice! So, you miss it at all. No, wait, don't answer that on this forum. :lol

See you all at Firebird on the 19th!

Tanya

aka Ex-Ricer

BTW...welcome to the 10 second club...it's a small club with exclusive membership :thumbs

Thanks Joe. You going to be at Speedworld Sunday?

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Thanks Joe. You going to be at Speedworld Sunday?

We'll be there! If you're not running with a club, you're welcome to run with us. Let me know!