NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wildhorse: Main Track!

PhatVette

Informed via email newsletter, tried to find a link on their page, no luck.  Thanksgiving weekend.  Fyi.

WHMain.jpg

thanks for the heads up.  Their website is very unreliable so I dont frequent it.   I use other means of event notifications such as your newsletter!  If I dont go to the dune i'll be there snapping pics!

I thought NHRA was prohibiting the use of the drag strip section for other racing when they came in and made a list of improvements

I thought NHRA was prohibiting the use of the drag strip section for other racing when they came in and made a list of improvements

I thought so too.  I plan on running on Friday.

I think I'd be a little intimidated by that layout.  Hitting almost 140 at Inde seemed fast, I can't imagine having the entire straight to open the car up.

Billy with my old motor I saw 160 mph at the foot traffic bridge over crossing. Bring it down quickly and start the left hand carrousel turn about 80-85 mph. Great brakes are a must!!

SLAMMER

Will be there for Friday.  We are running Chuckwalla this Saturday and planning on running Willow Springs on the 13th of December.

Old WHPMP management is out and new management is in - that's why main track is back. 

thanks for the heads up.  Their website is very unreliable so I dont frequent it.   I use other means of event notifications such as your newsletter!  If I dont go to the dune i'll be there snapping pics!

Fabfreak - can you please offer some detail on how/why the ProAutoSports website is unreliable?  

sorry, I was referring to the WHP website.   ProAutosports has been spot on!  

No worries - I just wanted to let the guys know in case something was screwy .. :) 

Thanks brother!  

Peace 

I was able to make it to track Friday and get some good pics, unfortunately a crash as well.  I was right where the Boss 302 Mustang lost control on the straight and got a few pics.  

I got to instruct on Friday. Rode in the silver ZR1, (Dale) 3 times. The black BMW (Mark?) once. And helped Val in the red GTA Trans Am 4 times. (She is an awesome student and driver).

At the end of the day the ZR1 owner asked if I would like to drive his car in Green group....... Ahhhh, YES!!!!.  What a treat, It just goes where you point it and the power is just awesome.  Who the heck lets a stranger drive a car with 600 something HP that they have only owned 2 weeks 150 + mph??? His name is Dale.

If Dale is on here, THANK YOU!!!! It is something I will be talking about for a while. 

I was able to make it to track Friday and get some good pics, unfortunately a crash as well.  I was right where the Boss 302 Mustang lost control on the straight and got a few pics.  

Lets see the pics

Lets see the pics

Lets see the pics

http://sohcracer.wix.com/fabfreak#!proautosports112715/j6fkn  

I didnt post any pics of the Boss 302 Mustang that crashed, does anyone know if he was ok?  We were right at the spot as it happened.

• 2 weeks later...