NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Twin Air Intake

nort99

I just installed a twin air intake. It sure was very tight fit to get it in but all turned out just fine. I got this on E-bay paid $22.00 plus shipping. Yes it is brand new. :D

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2092.jpg

DSCF2091.jpg

Sweet!! 22 bucks? you robbed the guy. :lol Robert :burnout

You would think so but he sells them all day long for that price. I am happy anyway. :D

Should make the SOTP feel much better. We all know one of the major things missing in these LS1's is air.

not to rain on your parade, but have you done any before dyno runs?

if so, do some after runs - i recall a guy that had a brand new one of those installed on his car and there was a visual drop in HP on the dyno, something about turbulence in the tubing - the 2 openings on the intake were not allowing as much air in as you would think it did.

just wanted to let you know that you should do a test to verify you haven't lost any power!

oh, BTW, it was at XTREME that i witnessed this - Chad may remember, i think he was there.

I was just about ready to order one, I think I'll go back to my first choice, the Hurricane filter from WCC.

not to rain on your parade, but have you done any before dyno runs?

if so, do some after runs - i recall a guy that had a brand new one of those installed on his car and there was a visual drop in HP on the dyno, something about turbulence in the tubing - the 2 openings on the intake were not allowing as much air in as you would think it did.

just wanted to let you know that you should do a test to verify you haven't lost any power!

oh, BTW, it was at XTREME that i witnessed this - Chad may remember, i think he was there.

Your sure not rainning on my parade, cause I don't have one. Just showing what I have done. Looks great and sure seems to be much more responceeeeeee. I like it and that is all that counts. :D

:clap Congrats, thats a GREAT deal. More air in, more air out, more HP! That reminds me, I gotta clean my Halltech's filter before the 19th! :devil

Guest Chad@AZPS

Okay now for the party pooper. Sorry but that is the worst kit out there. PERIOD. I am surprised that you do not have a "Check Engine" light on. The air flow is so turbulent as it passes over the MAF that the MAF goes bonkers.

Chad

I asked the question about those a little while ago. All I got was negative feedback.

But as long as you are happy and she is running good...like you said, that's all that matters. :D

I'm no engineer, but I don't see how that set-up will cause any more turbulance than anything else we install. They all suck air in and down a tube and yours hits the tube before it hits the MAF. My Blackwing now pulls air from all directions (and down a shorter tube at the base) and has to be as turbulant as yours if you ask me.

The only reason I passed on those when I was looking was P51tj's comment about the possibility of cheap filter elements.