NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Aircraft Crappers

Grape Ape

Going on a little rant here so bear with me. I have a question for people that fly and use the crapper. If you can't or won't flush something at home, what makes you think it will fit and flush on an airplane???? Hmmm??? Hmmmm??? The flush lines on an airplane are at least half the size of what we have in our homes. Spent a good part of last night unplugging a crapper tank because someone actually got it to flush and get into the tank. Couldn't empty the tank because whatever was flushed plugged the damn hole up. So guess who got stuck with the job of getting it unplugged??? Ya, ME... Get out the nuke suit, bio-gloves and bio-face mask so I don't get any of that SH*T on me. Guess what I'm trying to say is:

"IF YOU DON'T FLUSH IT AT HOME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE DON'T FLUSH IT ON AN AIRPLANE!!!"

737-700%20Lav%20Tank%20-%2001.jpg

737-700%20Lav%20Tank%20-%2002.jpg

Took this after I was done because I was SO HAPPY I COULD HAVE JUST SHIT!!!

20151026_000937.jpg

Rant over, have a nice day y'all. I really don't like that kind of job security if you don't mind....:blink:lol

Yeah I bet that really sucked and  at least you didn't get showered in shit unlike my friend many years ago.  We were servicing a 707-320B (E3A) that had just landed.  He made the mistake of pulling the plunger handle before he hooked up the evac hose and as soon as he pulled the donut out....well you get the jist.

It may seem like a thankless (crappy?) job at times, but we who fly appreciate your diligence and care.

Thanks for what you do.

One of the glory jobs they never tell ya about in A&P school LOL!

You KNOW I feel for ya buddy,anything from the salad bowl on,is pretty much the suck.........

Yeah it's pretty thankless alright. It's a good way to clear the room when you walk into one and everyone runs the other way.....:o

Didn't break the tool Timmy. There wasn't one so had to improvise and make one that would get to the problem area without sticking my hand inside. Hole was to small anyway for it. Worked great and I didn't need to take the top off the tank. Salad shooter as Gary would say. I don't know what was in there blocking it. Didn't see what came out and probably glad I didn't see it either...:lol