NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Buzzing Coming from Right Door - Battery Runs Down

Dave64

Last night, I started the car and thought I heard a 'pop'-like sound, the rear hatch unlatched, DIC went from showing engine temp to instant mileage and clock reset to...whatever...  Later, when coming home, the car didn't want to start - like low battery.  It started, but voltage was about 11v, the DIC was back to instant mileage and the clock had reset itself again.  Driving home, the voltage went back to about 14v as usual.  This morning, I went to get any codes; got AO LDCM and A1 RDCM.  When I tried to get the specific numbers, I couldn't because the 'low voltage' was on the DIC.  I shut things down so I could have a good cry.  Researched computer and figured out that the codes were probably for right and left door control modules.  I went out to see if I could confirm the code numbers, but when I put the key in the ignition and turned it to 'on', a god-awful buzzing started coming from the right door.  This was the first time I had heard the buzzing.

WTF? Appartenlty, something has gone wrong in the right door.  Should I put the charger on the battery, then try to pull the specific codes?  I don't recall having heard about this problem before today.  I'll continue researching, but would love to hear from someone who has lived thru this and lived to tell the story.

Thanks,

Dave

Check your battery closely, make sure the case didn't split and spill acid down on the wiring harness below it.  While the battery is out, charge it and take it to have a load test done on it, you could have a dead cell or worse

Yeah, I was thinking about the 'brand-new' battery aspect, but wasn't sure if I should put the charger on it at this time.  I'll take it to the LAP and have it checked-out.  Thanks for the help, CMSH

I've had the bad "brand-new" battery on more than one occasion, not too surprising.  Last couple of "new" batteries I purchased I luckily had some time to charge the "new" battery before installing; crazy how discharged they were.

Glad it was nothing serious :thumbs