NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 high temp

Cu4L8R

Ok so my 2007 is still running from 190-225. Going up and down. I replaced the Thermostat and did a Radiator flush. Temp goes up in about 5 minutes after being stopped.. On my way to Prescott with no ac temp did the same as on my way home with the ac on.. I'm lost here. Can anyone help.

What temperature did the car normally run at before?  When did you notice the change?

It is difficult for me to diagnose, because it is operating within the ranges that the service information says are acceptable.

Make sure your radiator and condenser are clear, somewhere on here, there is a post showing someone who made their own radiator and condenser cleaning tool/water blaster and got a lot of junk out of the fins.  Maybe that will drop it some.

it started the day we hit 118 degrees. Its always been on 190. Since I bought it 3 years ago. Never had a problem at all till now. Car has 66k.

Ok so my 2007 is still running from 190-225. Going up and down. I replaced the Thermostat and did a Radiator flush. Temp goes up in about 5 minutes after being stopped..---Do you mean stop as in car is turned off or stopped in traffic? 

On my way to Prescott with no ac temp did the same as on my way home with the ac on.. I'm lost here. Can anyone help.  - ----AC really doesn't add that much to the heat issue at highway speeds.  The airflow at 65+ really cools it down.

As posted above the newer engines are meant to run hotter to help burn off the waste and eliminate the pollutants before they hit the tailpipe

Have you looked UP into the radiator and confessor area? May be some trash up in there.

:agree Any sudden change in coolant temps are usually caused by reduced airflow, disabled fan, or stuck T-stat. The fan issue would have had temps way higher than 260, so forget that and check for blockage. Don't go crazy looking for that confessor area  :lol , but the area in front of the AC condenser might be blocked.

Ok so my 2007 is still running from 190-225. Going up and down. I replaced the Thermostat and did a Radiator flush. Temp goes up in about 5 minutes after being stopped..---Do you mean stop as in car is turned off or stopped in traffic? 

On my way to Prescott with no ac temp did the same as on my way home with the ac on.. I'm lost here. Can anyone help.  - ----AC really doesn't add that much to the heat issue at highway speeds.  The airflow at 65+ really cools it down.

As posted above the newer engines are meant to run hotter to help burn off the waste and eliminate the pollutants before they hit the tailpipe

stopped in traffic

Have you looked UP into the radiator and confessor area? May be some trash up in there.

:agree Any sudden change in coolant temps are usually caused by reduced airflow, disabled fan, or stuck T-stat. The fan issue would have had temps way higher than 260, so forget that and check for blockage. Don't go crazy looking for that confessor area  :lol , but the area in front of the AC condenser might be blocked.

Tom. I replaced the stock intake with a Vararam Cold Intake. 8 months ago.I haven't had any issues

I believe the consensus between most of us here does not involve the VaraRam, but the fact that there is the possibility of debris on either the condenser, the radiator, or both.

Look up under the car and inspect these and let us know what you find.