NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 Help

Cu4L8R

I need some help here guys 2 things: I have a 2007 C6 Base Model.

#1. Air bag light is on. I had the seats upholstered and forgot to disconnect battery.

#2.Anti Theft is on the stereo screen. I just bought it to replace the stock stereo..

can anyone help?

Check the connectors on the bottom of seats. They can work loose. Common for airbag light to common on after adjusting seats. 

Dealer has to program new stereo to car. 

Andrew is the deck aftermarket or OEM ? If OEM thats a dealer program thing ...Might reach out to Parker if he has the time .... Is it the same seats or different they did install the air bags right?

The airbag light is a common problem with the C6. My 2006 did it on the pass seat.  My 2012 it's been the drivers seat. It's a loose connection. Most folks pull out the seat and zip tie the connector up. 

Andrew is the deck aftermarket or OEM ? If OEM thats a dealer program thing ...Might reach out to Parker if he has the time .... Is it the same seats or different they did install the air bags right?

OEM. My seats dont have airbags on them. Its the OEM seats.

OEM. My seats dont have airbags on them. Its the OEM seats.

I'm pretty sure c6's have side air bags which are in the seats, check the wiring/harness Andrew.

There are two possible problems. The most likely being the yellow wiring connector not being securely fastened or the internal pins being pushed out of place. The secondary concern relates to the weight sensor that ties into the seatbelt sensor connection, which is the small connector on the side of the passenger seat. A quick check of your inside mirror that indicates if the airbag is active upon startup and/or buckling the passenger seat belt will narrow down the source of the problem. Since you had upholstery work done, the weight sensor concern is the place to look if the underseat connectors are good.

Did you do the re-install or someone else?

There are two possible problems. The most likely being the yellow wiring connector not being securely fastened or the internal pins being pushed out of place. The secondary concern relates to the weight sensor that ties into the seatbelt sensor connection, which is the small connector on the side of the passenger seat. A quick check of your inside mirror that indicates if the airbag is active upon startup and/or buckling the passenger seat belt will narrow down the source of the problem. Since you had upholstery work done, the weight sensor concern is the place to look if the underseat connectors are good.

someone else did.

someone else did.

So did you check the mirror on startup?

How about connecting the passenger seat belt?

Try it also with someone sitting in the passenger seat and buckled.

This is not rocket science, nor does it mean the car can't be driven. It only means some wire someplace is not making a connection.

someone else did.

This is not rocket science, nor does it mean the car can't be driven. It only means some wire someplace is not making a connection.

ok. I was moving the wires underneath the passenger seat and squeezing everything tight. The light came off.. Awesome. Now I just need help with the stereo

someone else did.

ok. I was moving the wires underneath the passenger seat and squeezing everything tight. The light came off.. Awesome. Now I just need help with the stereo

Glad that was easy. Now you'll need JL for the other issue.